cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child support and investment/retirement accounts

Established Member

Child support and investment/retirement accounts

I have saved up a small amount of cash over the yrs and plan to put it in a retirement account

I wanted to find out if that makes any money over the yrs will that income be factored in the Child support payments ?

Any specific kind of accounts ( investment or retirement ) whose income is not subject to CS ?

I already pay a good amount and have never once missed a payment ( and it is not court ordered yet)

thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Child support and investment/retirement accounts

When I attempted to collect child support, the forms asked for interest income.   When it came right down to it, the courts always went off of actual PAYCHECK or inputed income for both parties.  Interest income and retirement account were not a factor.

Keep in mind, all my kids are adults now.  Things may have changed.  Or it may be different in your state.

Message 2 of 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Child support and investment/retirement accounts

Scharnhorst wrote:

I have saved up a small amount of cash over the yrs and plan to put it in a retirement account

I wanted to find out if that makes any money over the yrs will that income be factored in the Child support payments ?

Any specific kind of accounts ( investment or retirement ) whose income is not subject to CS ?

I already pay a good amount and have never once missed a payment ( and it is not court ordered yet)

thanks

Seems like you should talk to an attorney.  

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Hyatt, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.
Message 3 of 3