Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity shut down hubby cards........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity shut down hubby cards........

Omg! Okay so my hubby was living with his mom a few years ago....since he moved out I started fixing his credit he's been getting alot of mail but never chaged his address........  So last year his mom stop speaking to us bcus WE paid for his brother ( on his father side) to come with us to Disney last May......

Back in February he went in Victoria Secret and applied for a card... got approved but never recieved the card...... I've been telling him to call and let them know he never got it but he's always busy working... he never got around to it.....

Since then he have been going to his moms house every 2 weeks to get his mail with no problem but yesterday she sent a text message to my phone cursing saying she don't want him in her house and he better change his address or he won't get anymore mail....... Fast Forward

So this morning he gets a phone call from Victoria Secret fraud department asking if he placed an order.... he said the last oe I placed was back in March when I called the catalog department and they got my account number for me.....

The lady then said well someone tried to use ur card online.... they placed an order for $400 & something, then placed another order for $300 n something.( his limit is only $650)......Smh he asked the rep how was the order placed, she said online...... he then asked where was the order being sent... she said call the catalog department and they will give you that information.... he called but didnt have his account so I went online to his statement and got it for him ( That's the only way they can find the orders) he explained everything to the rep and she then said the orders where placed in ur name... billing and shiping was the same.... the only thing that red flagged it was email and phone number....

He hung up the phone ad called his mom and said " you hate me that much you would use my Victoria Secret card with me know" she said excuse me and hung up..... he called his father and explain it to him... so his father called his mom and her response was " so what... he's using my address and acting like I don't exist"  Whatttttttt?

So after speaking to fraud they said he will get some papers in the mail to fill out and he must file a complaint with the police..... he then tried to use his Sportman guide card for gas the was declined and Barney's was shut down too............

Family please tell me what he should do..... this lady made it look like he's doing fraud in his own name....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity shut down hubby cards........

Once you file a police complaint, well if they think your hubby's mom used it she may be charged for it. Thats all I can think of
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that would be her problem.... You don't use someone's information bcus you mad......
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to get copies of his credit reports and see if there are corrections to make. Also, be sure no mail goes to his mother in the future. Monitor yours and his credit and proceed to get this Victoria Secret situation resolved. 

Relatives and money don't always mix well. Good luck to you and don't give up. There is always a solution.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.