Reply
Contributor
kwinks
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎07-15-2012

Credit Score and Dating....

Is it wrong that once a person i am dating mentions having bad credit I immediately become less attracted to that person and slowly turn around and run away?

 

is it wrong that having good credit is at the top of my checklist in what I want in a partner?

 

i just feel like its so wrong, but I can't help it. When I see a guy with a good credit card I become intrigued....i don't care if they are poor or whatever, its just good to know they take care of their finances. 

 

Sorry about the rant.  I just went out with a guy who said he can't get a credit card now because of his history......what a curve ball.....all I could think about the rest of the night was going home and taking off my heels. 

Chase Freedom 3000
Chase Sapphire Preferred 5000
American Express Blue Cash Preferred 6300
Bank of America Travel Rewards 5000
Bank of America Cash Rewards 3000
Discover IT 4000
Best Buy 4000
TU 733 EQ 743 EX 722
Valued Contributor
dodfire
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

LOL sorry but this made me laugh.....!!! 

*8/10/13
Frequent Contributor
_jb_
Posts: 306
Registered: ‎01-16-2013

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

Nothing wrong with that. I have read several articles recently talking about how the new thing is asking about a person's credit on a first date. Seems like good motivation to get your financials in order.


Starting Scores: myFICO EX: ???, myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EX: 704, myFICO EQ: 702, myFICO TU: 718
My Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover It, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/19/13
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 24,405
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....


kwinks wrote:

Is it wrong that once a person i am dating mentions having bad credit I immediately become less attracted to that person and slowly turn around and run away?

 

is it wrong that having good credit is at the top of my checklist in what I want in a partner?

 

i just feel like its so wrong, but I can't help it. When I see a guy with a good credit card I become intrigued....i don't care if they are poor or whatever, its just good to know they take care of their finances. 

 

Sorry about the rant.  I just went out with a guy who said he can't get a credit card now because of his history......what a curve ball.....all I could think about the rest of the night was going home and taking off my heels. 


OMG!  I can feel your pain. 

Frequent Contributor
Mailak
Posts: 415
Registered: ‎04-26-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

I know a girl who exchanges credit reports after a couple of dates...

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (18k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (14k), Discover More (10k), Macy's (700).
Valued Contributor
dodfire
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....


_jb_ wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. I have read several articles recently talking about how the new thing is asking about a person's credit on a first date. Seems like good motivation to get your financials in order.


So, you are saying......

If this girl meets a great guy with a credit score of 800 and they start a wonderful relationship, they sit around a fire with a nice glass of wine comparing cards and APR's. They eventually are engaged and he buys her ring with his Visa Black Card but pays in full before the statement hits. Everything is grand!!!

6 months down the road, she loses her job while she is trying to care for her father who is dying of cancer. Now she must support her mother as an only child. Financial disaster has hit home.....She loses everything and her credit has hit bottom. 

It now makes it OK for him to call of the engagement?

LOL :smileyhappy:

Ok I am not dating any woman that weight over 112 pounds!!!!!! 

*8/10/13
Valued Member
agent_bob
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎02-22-2013

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

[ Edited ]

I personally think that there's nothing wrong with that. It just shows you that you know what you want. In fact it could be a good thing. You know the qualities / characteristics of what you see in a person that you could potentially end up with for the rest of your life!


kwinks wrote:
all I could think about the rest of the night was going home and taking off my heels. 

& the first thing you did is post on here :smileytongue:


how to cancel free trial of score watch
Discover IT - $2500 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $400 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $3800 (10/10)
Established Contributor
eviLution
Posts: 704
Registered: ‎06-11-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!


Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Valued Contributor
dodfire
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....


eviLution wrote:

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!


HAHA ROFLMAO

*8/10/13
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 24,405
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: Credit Score and Dating....


eviLution wrote:

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!


Shaking my head! 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+