Visitor
20somethingintherealworld

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

Honestly, I don't think so at all. My boyfriend is fabulous and I know I'll marry him, but he has NO credit at all and it absolutely kills me. He's in graduate school now, but once he's done, I'm going to want to buy a house and stop wasting money on rent. I push him all the time to at least get a credit card, but he's completely content with his credit union checking account. I think he's honestly scared of debt. He's super responsible and has impressive impulse control (I don't), so if I can handle it, I know he can. It drives me crazy! If he doesn't have at least some credit history before he gets out of school I just might kill him. 

1. Open Sky Secured Credit Card - $200
2. Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card - $300
3. Amazon Store Card - $800
4. Barclaycard Rewards - $750
5. American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $2000
6. American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold - $9500
Regular Contributor
OHWWCB

I'm with the OP. I'm a single 32 year old woman and, as such, I am an adult. I have definitely made credit mistakes in the past which are nearly all cleared up now but I had to want to get there. If I was dating a man my age or older and he simply didn't care about his financial situation, I would assume he also didn't care about his future...with me or anyone. Saying "my credit sucks but I'm working on it" is one thing. Not knowing your credit score and ignoring phone calls and letters is another.

AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6000 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $4500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Regular Contributor
ACsteel

OHWWCB wrote:

I'm with the OP. I'm a single 32 year old woman and, as such, I am an adult. I have definitely made credit mistakes in the past which are nearly all cleared up now but I had to want to get there. If I was dating a man my age or older and he simply didn't care about his financial situation, I would assume he also didn't care about his future...with me or anyone. Saying "my credit sucks but I'm working on it" is one thing. Not knowing your credit score and ignoring phone calls and letters is another.

That was hilarious :robotlol:

Garden Member Since: 2014 - 4 - 1
Frequent Contributor
itguy_65

I'm not picky, I just want a wonderful woman who has credit scores similar to mine, knows what her FICO scores are, and is a full member of USAA so I can get their insurance!!

EQ (9/24/14): 807 TU (9/24/14): 807 EX (9/24/14): 800
Frequent Contributor
TARHEEL81NC

itguy_65 wrote:

I'm not picky, I just want a wonderful woman who has credit scores similar to mine, knows what her FICO scores are, and is a full member of USAA so I can get their insurance!!

LOL.  Don't we all buddy.

EQ: 658 TU: 669 EX: 641 as of 09/13/2014 myFico - C1 QS $500 C1 Auto: $12.6k NASA $10k
EQ: 652 TU: 669 EX: 644 as of 09/26/2014 myFico - Freedom $3500 BOA $1000 Discover $1200 SM $1300
EQ: 658 TU: 680 EX: 643 as of 09/29/2014 myFico

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}