Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Credit scores and relationship

I imagine the topic of money would pop up to pay for the date meal.

New Contributor

Very interesting.

Funny enough, when I met my wife her credit was in shambles mainly because she understand how finacnce, credit, etc worked. She just spent money like college girl would. Once I started teaching her and helping her out with her credit she started to understand how important the whole game is. I came to the conclusion that most of America's parents/educators/schools have screwed up by not taking more time to teach teenagers about this stuff. I know I wasn't taught by my parents or anybody else. I had to learn the hard way and educate myself from that. Seems like it should be a higher focus for high school, IMO.  

My Cards: QuicksilverOne $2250CL, Barclaycard Rewards $750CL, Amex Everyday $1000 SearsCard $3500CL, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus $2000CL, DiscoverIt $4500 CL, DiscoverIt $6500CL.
Valued Contributor

I think if you pay close attention it is easy to figure out someone's financial health in a better way than asking them their credit score.  ^_^

Are they organized, do they keep a check register of some kind, are they living paycheck to paycheck, do they have a savings account, all these things are really good indicators of whether or not you are financially compatible with someone.

EX08 659 EQ08 660 TU08 695 Starting: mid 300'sGoal: 700
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

lowkeyorca wrote:

I think if you pay close attention it is easy to figure out someone's financial health in a better way than asking them their credit score.  ^_^

+1

06/10/2017 FICO: EQ 781 TU 787 EX 785
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

I don’t know. More than half of Americans (58%) say they wouldn’t marry someone with significant debt. As money is merely a symptom, not the problem, skies aren’t looking entirely clear! Have you seen the charming Love & Taxes?

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

vanillabean wrote:

I don’t know. More than half of Americans (58%) say they wouldn’t marry someone with significant debt. As money is merely a symptom, not the problem, skies aren’t looking entirely clear! Have you seen the charming Love & Taxes?

Interesting read...  Also interesting to note that despite all the talk , 69% of women prefer NOT to be the main provider of the family and prefer their partner to at least pay half of all the bills.

Besides that, I really think it depends on the KIND of debt a person has...  A reasonable mortgage and car payment to me are NOT the same thing as have having your credit cards maxed out constantly because you wanted new furniture or a 60" TV or spend $300 on your hair every two weeks.

My cards:

Amex BCE: $15K | Cap1 Venture: $15K | NFCU CR: $14.3K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | Discover IT: $5.4K | Sportsman's Guide: $5.1K | FNBO NRA: $5K | Legacy Visa: $2.75K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | Cap1 PS: 2K | Cabela's: $1K

Current Scores:  EQ:  718  |  TU:  727  |  EX:  717
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Dalmus wrote:

vanillabean wrote:

Interesting read...  Also interesting to note that despite all the talk , 69% of women prefer NOT to be the main provider of the family and prefer their partner to at least pay half of all the bills.

Besides that, I really think it depends on the KIND of debt a person has...  A reasonable mortgage and car payment to me are NOT the same thing as have having your credit cards maxed out constantly because you wanted new furniture or a 60" TV or spend $300 on your hair every two weeks.

Curious what talk you're referring to...

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd be happy to elaborate via PM if you'd like. I'm not going to elaborate in this thread. I don't want to accidentally set off a gender/political discussion. I wasn't trying to state an opinion either way, just was legitimately interested in that stat and if anything else could be extrapolated from it.

My cards:

Amex BCE: $15K | Cap1 Venture: $15K | NFCU CR: $14.3K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | Discover IT: $5.4K | Sportsman's Guide: $5.1K | FNBO NRA: $5K | Legacy Visa: $2.75K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | Cap1 PS: 2K | Cabela's: $1K

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, please PM me. I am a woman, and I'd bet money you are a bit mislead on 'that whole talk'. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

lowkeyorca wrote:

Yes, please PM me. I am a woman, and I'd bet money you are a bit mislead on 'that whole talk'. Smiley Happy

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on something, and I always welcome healthy conversation on any subject.  Smiley Happy

My cards:

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.