Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores and relationship

tag
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit scores and relationship

Well, it is certainly disconcerting when you realize we're a nation pushing nearly a trillion dollars in consumer credit card debt alone. And while there is marginal improvement in the economy, wage growth remains sluggish @ best. As a result, even those of us who engage in responsible money management can and are nonetheless stifled by barriers of economic stagnation. As for dating, well.... lets just say nothing is ever truly black and white and 'everyone' has a backstory.

Quote: Most likely credit scores are a good way to determine trustworthiness and other personality traits. So before you ask someone out, ask for their credit scores first and potentially save yourself from a painful breakup in the not so far future!

LOL! Trustworthiness AND other personality traits.... well okay.

Besides as a general point, one could argue society is merely taking after our dear ole 'Uncle'.

Message 21 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hahaha, so I was looking through Plenty of Fish for the helluva it, and saw a member who posted an EX FICO 8 score with history: 843 currently but I looked back and saw the magic 850!

Thought of this thread after laughing about it, and yes I did message her though I sorta doubt I'll get a response.

        
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's funny stuff, Rev.  Definitely let us know if you hear back!

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm down with a woman disclosing her 800+ scores. To me, that's pretty darn sexy... 😋
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are all averages.  They don't take into consideration why someone's score was low. I wouldn't base a relationship based on someone's credit score.  If the reason for the low credit score is due to the, can't holding a job or some sort of addiction that is going to be problematic,  

Message 25 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Heh I did not, but I'm considering doing similar as an experiment if my tax lien comes off in July.  Not a deadbeat yo!

        
Message 26 of 31
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Oh hell, guess I'll chime in. I believe a persons character has probably little to do with a credit score. It's been my experience that you could be on either side of the credit score spectrum and be a p.o.s., or a worth-while human being. In my twenties and early thirties, I was very uneducated about finances and the importance of credit. Money controlled me, until one day I found this site and began to teach myself and grow my understanding and respect for money. At this point in life, I am in control of my finances and have a very good score as well as investments, a home and nice cars. I am saying all this to say, through my 20'-30's my fico scores were always low-to mid 500's and mid 700's, but who I am as a person has not changed, just my philosophy on how I treat money and credit. As for relationships, I think the conversation to be had is far less about score and more about how that prospective person treats your money as well as their own.

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 27 of 31
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Heh I did not, but I'm considering doing similar as an experiment if my tax lien comes off in July.  Not a deadbeat yo!

Hey - you could become a sugar daddy.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 28 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey - you could become a sugar daddy.

Haha, I actually for giggles looked what that would cost a couple of weeks ago... suffice to say it really isn't cost effective for my economic strata, and there are some mindblowingly baffling ideas people have out there when it comes to the whole sugar daddy or mommy / sugar baby thing.

        
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at her she's a perfect 10 well her credit score is 525 ahaha when does the madness end? btw I was having fun back there. Smiley Happy lol

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.