Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Re: Did myFICO ruin my relationship?

capitalkid wrote:

We dont have any animals, why?  Because they are a financial liability.  even one, if you are a good caregiver, has lots of ongoing expenses that need to be done to maintain the animal in good health.  It is a commitment.  In the future we are going to add a Maine Coon into our family, but thats when we have our ducks in a row.   

I don't see myself picking up someone else's poop for the rest of my life. :smileywink:

Are you living within your means?
Contributor
hapagrrl

Re: Did myFICO ruin my relationship?

WOW. Just: WOW.

What a post! And all the crazy stories by everyone!

Well - I'm gonna add the opposite kind of story. I WISH someone - anyone - has EVER let me live rent-free so that I could catch up/get my financial act together. I've lived on my own since I was 17 - and have always worked to support myself. I didn't always do a great job, and there some really huge tumbles along the way. I screwed up  royally and spent many many years setting myself straight. I'd always lived on a tight budget - and still do, only now the difference is I know why, what my goal s are, what's important to me. At no point did I receive help from anyone for anything. I studied my Suze Orman, I opened and paid bills as they came, I rehabbed student loans, I gw'd what I could, I kept paying everything even when I was unemployed for a year - even 2 liens from the IRS!!  moved across the country to take a job I wasn't into in a place I didnt like; I haven't had a vacation in 5 years, I do my own mani/pedis, cut my own hair, cook my own food,  dont wear designer clothes or bags and always budget clothing and make-up, etc (you know- girly expenses) but am known to be a well-coiffed, well-dressed woman, btw; don't go out, dont go to gyms (hikes with my dog in redwood forests is free!), I got rid of my iphone for a $60 smart phone and switched to a $45/mo pay-as-you-go phone plan; and i NEVER buy coffee or smoothies, lol. I live on a budget and pay my bills: and I am happy.

I am now looking at homes/applying for a mortgage in a bat-sh#t crazy seller's market, where folks are offering $100-$400k above asking (which is already well over actual worth of homes). And guess what my *mortgage broker* called me? CONSERVATIVE!! Imagine! LOL! Yep - and I'm proud of that. I have to be. I'm a single-income household: it's just me out here - and no one has ever helped me or given me anything, ever.

Starting Score: 490 (FAKO)
2011 Scores: TU 635, EQ 637, EX/FAKO 538

2012 score:EQ 675

2014 (mortgage broker pull): TU 670, EQ 669, EX 674

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}