cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Divorce Degree question concerning payment (advice needed)

tag
Weimmutti
Established Member

Divorce Degree question concerning payment (advice needed)

Well ! Sound like Im in the correct area to postSmiley Happy

My ex husband is supposed to pay personal property taxes as stated in the divorce degree..

Would it cost more to go back to the lawyer and contact the court or just pay the 399.11 property taxes due December 2012

Everyday hearing stories from others (male/female) what spouses did to each other. I thank god no children, house in my name now, and no joint credit or loans.

I dont wish this situation on anyone but coming out this tunnel with some money left is great and financially stable is great

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Divorce Degree question concerning payment (advice needed)

The problem that I see is that you can't say he didn't pay it until it is late, which means after the due date.

Lawyers always cost lots of money.

What does the Judgement of Dissolution say about debts and future bills?

Why do you think he won't pay it?

Message 2 of 5
Weimmutti
Established Member

Correction to post:

Personal Property is due in my county in my state by October 10, 2012. My will be title and registartion is due in december 2012. This is the last thing we have to disolve.

I will personally wait until due date and pay it. I'm just sick of all his game plays. I'm wiser... NOW. 

Message 3 of 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I would wait until the last minute to pay it - and confirm with the tax entity that it was not paid prior to you coming in.  

Get a receipt and a copy of your payment on the same sheet of paper (to later prove you paid it with your check and you received the receipt).

After you have it, submit the bill to your x, CMRR, and ask for payment.  Or send it to his attny.  Or both.

Give him a reasonable deadline.  No money?  File contempt charges.   And ask for reimbursement of all legals fees with your claim.

Message 4 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

Pay the taxes and then contact your lawyer to sue him for breach of contract.  There's no point in taking a credit hit because he is a deadbeat.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.