cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Married! Advice how to combine our cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Married! Advice how to combine our cards!

Thanks we are gonna both keep our Unlimiteds and get the CSR (him) I will be an AU and churn these URs!! No joint accounts!

Message 21 of 24
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks we are gonna both keep our Unlimiteds and get the CSR (him) I will be an AU and churn these URs!! No joint accounts!

I would make him an AU on your Freedom and Freedom unlimited.  I'm not sure the Sapphire is worth it as a card, especially if you have the CSR.  The problem with the CSR is that it has a $75 fee for AU.  That is on top of the $450 annual fee.  But if you get the card separately, you can get the $300 travel credit two times within your first year of the card as long as you don't get a card on January 1, plus you can both get Global Entry for free.  That will make up most of  the cost of the card and you will have less stress while travelling.

Whomever is in the better position to apply for that card should do it  first as long as you will be able to make the minimum spend to get the bonus. Better position means that you are under 5/24 and have decent credit score.  I'm not sure if yours have improved, but you should check out the data points for approvals of the CSR on Reddit before applying.

I love Chase UR and have lots of points I'm hoarding for an European vacation with my family.   I've only made my husband an AU on my Freedom card.  When we travel or go to restaurants, I make sure that I pay for it with my CSR.

Good luck and congrats!

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, thanks for sharing these tips.

Message 23 of 24
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Did you know that per 2013 Chase will no longer allow customers to open joint credit cards, a popular option for couples who want to share equal responsibility for payments?

DW and I have had a joint United card for more than twenty years, and we are still married! In fact, it was our only credit card until I signed up for myFICO.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.