Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding Off A Commited Relationship

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holding Off A Commited Relationship

Do any of you hold off being in a commited relationship because

you simply don't want to spend money on that other person whoever it may be?.

Personally finances mean more to me then being in a commited relationship also if children are born, adopted that's

even more of a commitment and costs so much money but I'm practical about the times we all live in please share. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Holding Off A Commited Relationship

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally finances mean more to me then being in a commited relationship also if children are born, adopted that's

even more of a commitment and costs so much money but I'm practical about the times we all live in please share. Smiley Wink

When you truly decide to be in a committed relationship none of that stuff will matter at all. If "your money" and the cost of raising kids means more to you than sharing a life together as life partners, best friends, lovers and parents than you are NOT ready for any successful long-term relationship. That's it in a nutshell.....

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Realizing what your priorities are is great! If they change, you’ll know. And there aren’t any rules, so just be clear in what you value more if/when the discussion come up!
Message 3 of 38
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Committed relationships don't cost money. Lots of people can spend their lives together and not have kids or buy a home or spend money on a wedding or any of the other silly things people think they have to do when in a relationship.

If someone doesn't want or isn't ready for a committed relationship, that's fine, but I don't see the concern about finances being a reason to not be in one. If anything, I spent more money on people when dating than when in a committed relationship!

Having kids does cost money, so that absolutely makes sense to hold off on until one can afford it.

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your money isn't going to matter when your old and want someone to sit next to as you journey your elder years.

Message 5 of 38
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I dont see a problem with this at all. Many relationships end over money and why bring kids into it. If you are not ready then live your life and have fun. You will know when the time is right.

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Committed relationships don't cost money. Lots of people can spend their lives together and not have kids or buy a home or spend money on a wedding or any of the other silly things people think they have to do when in a relationship.

If someone doesn't want or isn't ready for a committed relationship, that's fine, but I don't see the concern about finances being a reason to not be in one. If anything, I spent more money on people when dating than when in a committed relationship!

Having kids does cost money, so that absolutely makes sense to hold off on until one can afford it.

Money is always involved lol... Smiley LOL If one could fine someone who wanted to bike ride

or swim, other activites that really are fun and cost almost nothing you'd be in shape ahaha. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 38
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Dumpster diving for dinner just took on a whole new meaning in dating. 

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

Dumpster diving for dinner just took on a whole new meaning in dating. 

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

I dont see a problem with this at all. Many relationships end over money and why bring kids into it. If you are not ready then live your life and have fun. You will know when the time is right.

Good point! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.