cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping I'm not the only bad person out there ...

tag
greeneman21
Contributor

Re: Hoping I'm not the only bad person out there ...

Bullseye, I been married 11 years to my wife and certainly understand where you're coming from. I've resisted alot including stepping outside of my marriage once (i think you're headed down that path, if you're already this unhappy). I think you should literally talk to your wife about this and show her this thread as a way of showing her you do not want to go down this road but feel you might have to. I think this would be an eye opening experience for her, if she takes the time to actually read some of the responses to your situation.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 51 of 55
FrugalRican
Blogger

Troll or not, it's rather weak for ANYONE to come online to a financial forum and ask for "validation", after mentioning that they might be a "bad person" that hides money from their spouse to go visit gentlemen's club.

If you have to hide ANYTHING from your spouse, you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.

Specially if you're seeking validation from total strangers on an internet forum.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bullseye, it sounds like maybe you had some reservations about combining accounts in the first place. If your gut told you there would be problems you need to listen to it. Suze Orman calls it a gut check and I have to agree with her that its usually right on if you listen to it. There is nothing wrong with having a joint account where the money to pay the bills gets deposited by each of you in an equitable fashion. I get the sense (not knowing the full story and coming from a marriage with a wife that took money) that your wife pushed for the joint account and the access it brings for a reason. I would watch my back. I see nothing wrong with having your own account and your own credit cards for each of you. If she chooses not to have one for herself that's her decision. And for god sake don't do any joint credit accounts, they just spell problems down the road if something back should happen. Best of luck. 

Message 53 of 55
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@FrugalRican wrote:

Troll or not, it's rather weak for ANYONE to come online to a financial forum and ask for "validation", after mentioning that they might be a "bad person" that hides money from their spouse to go visit gentlemen's club.

If you have to hide ANYTHING from your spouse, you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.

Specially if you're seeking validation from total strangers on an internet forum.

Agree. This thread is just WRONG on so many different levels...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 54 of 55
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Been married 22 years.  Here's how ours is.   We both have full time jobs.  I make about 3x what she does.  (We never mention that one!)  I pay the bills and spend money on fuel going to work and back.  She spends everything else.    Yup... that's about it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.