cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you handle the Ex.'s collection calls....

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: How do you handle the Ex.'s collection calls....

@marty56 wrote:

@MattH wrote:

When I was a small child, my parents were puzzled because various men came to the door at odd hours. They were very polite, and went away when told the previous residents were not there any more. Eventually my parents learned what the occupation of those two women had been, I won't be specific but you can probably guess!

BofA CSRs.

This really did make me giggle.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 21 of 30
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

You could change your number...  

I have people calling for a guy named Christopher all the time... apparently he owed a lot of people and he had my cell phone number before I did... Also learned he played the bagpipes, cause someone called needing a bagpipe player for their grandma's funeral... very bizarre

That's great Smiley Happy , too bad you don't play otherwise you could have scored a sweet gig.

For the first year I had it, I used to get prison collect calls on my mobile phone ~ I was tempted to answer just to see who it was calling, but I never did since this is probably the most expensive form of communication ever invented, like $19/minute or something crazy like that. 

I thought you couldn't call collect to a mobile phone, how would it get billed?   Ya I would have totally answered!

My mom had people calling for a man named Raymond all the time at her house... Raymond had a lot of friends!  They tried to call him for over 6 yrs!

I got a land line about 6 months ago.  I get calls all the time asking for Kimberly, which is also my first name.  The first one I got for her was from a hospital where she owed over $10,000.  That had me scared until we both figured out that I was not the correct Kimberly, especially since the last time I was at a hospital was several years ago with my insurance company paying all of the bill except the $100 co-pay which I paid while I was there.  Now, I know to ask "Kimberly who?".

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happens a lot to me with my practice wife too!  I keep sending letters back with her address on them and I tell anyone who calls her cell phone number her house number her email address's and her mailing address her sisters name her dads name even her cat's name and ask them kindly to never call me again!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 30
amkari
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

... practice wife...! 

Too funny!!!  I now have a new term for the ex-husband.  He was my practice husband.  Smiley LOL

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amkari wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... practice wife...! 

Too funny!!!  I now have a new term for the ex-husband.  He was my practice husband.  Smiley LOL

haha, I use it all the time, only makes since I mean it's all practice until you get it right I suppose?!

Message 25 of 30
amkari
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@amkari wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... practice wife...! 

haha, I use it all the time, only makes since I mean it's all practice until you get it right I suppose?!

Yep... or in my case until you simply quit 'practicing,' dating, or otherwise trying to change it and resign yourself to being single for the rest of your life.  :-(

I use the same theory about my teenage driving record... 11 accidents from age 16 to 19 (or 20).  My final accident was a rollover in my mom's blazer... flipped the dang thing over the hood.  The first 10 were just practice, couldn't get it right... when I finally totalled one I could quit.  I haven't had even so much as a fender bender since and I'm now 37.   Suprisingly, my parents let me live... and continue driving.  BUT, they should've had a clue when I dumped myself and my ATC 3 wheeler upside down in the stinging nettle EVERY SINGLE YEAR during hunting season as a kid.  :-)

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

FISHONE4 how did you get the adressees off of the report is what I would like to know. I have tried from my ex with no luck.. Thanks

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My practice wife left me with all the bills too. I filed bankruptcy to get out from under the burden, but the collection agencies keep looking for her on our old joint accounts. I put her address, phone number and employment information on them and send them back to the collection agencies. Dont hear back from them after that. Figure I might have to send in a small payment once they drop off my reports from the bankruptcy to start the SOL running again for her. Could be fun...lol

Message 28 of 30
Weimmutti
Established Member

I give them his address, email, work phone, cell phone, and anything else to not call me again. It's his problem not mine. I'm an adult and know how to pay my bills on time.

NEVER. NEVER. NEVER allow a spouse to get a joint loan with you.  They can walk away and leave you holding the bag... LESSON LEARNED....The hard way...

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My practice wife left me with all the bills too. I filed bankruptcy to get out from under the burden, but the collection agencies keep looking for her on our old joint accounts. I put her address, phone number and employment information on them and send them back to the collection agencies. Dont hear back from them after that. Figure I might have to send in a small payment once they drop off my reports from the bankruptcy to start the SOL running again for her. Could be fun...lol

Woman LOL  practice wife

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.