cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many men here have fiance's/wives with better credit than you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many men here have fiance's/wives with better credit than you?

When the wife and i first met, she had wayyyy better credit than me, but had issues with keeping balances low.

Our credit isn't that far apart anymore. I'm 640-678, She's 676-703.

Score drop mostly due to lots of new credit.

Message 11 of 42
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Currently my GF is in the 780-820 range she earns more but is also 7 years older and chose a higher earning career (Dentist). Honestly I am completely fine being the lesser of the breadwinners I spent the first 12 years of my life either being the only or significantly higher earner for a now ex wife. I have been improving things and will eventually have similar scores that will take time. While money may not buy happiness it does buy peace of mind. Knowing the bills will be paid timely, etc and that if anything happened to her or my job we could survive with the essentials.

I have 2 children 10 & 12 and know what being tight on money is. About to have a 3rd with my GF and for the first time I can enjoy the process versus stress out over the little things.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 12 of 42
ready13
New Contributor

i should hope you find a wife that will be able to help in that department not that its necessary, but i think it would help bring something to the table so YOU know she is not just using YOU for what you can provide for her as some men love to argue that but yet make themselves be the bread winner and the only source of income and round and round that goes...until i saw that if i wanted to do things had to do them myself and the struggle is not so bad at all much harder to struggle still and have someone else to look down on me although we always have a boss but when its not the one who is used to being the head of the relation or even carrying a relationship to begin with the woman has to distribute the relationship evenly to show the man how it works because he does not have to take on every single thing alone that is what you have a partner for and you never know how buisness minded or smart at managing other things she may be you can always teach her to do what you do be like you. That is what a person will do for a woman when they truly love her i believe. In my case, it has given me sooo much that i could never pay it back with anything material because its priceless and its the ability that you are giving and that helps the woman for the rest of her life JUST IN CASE BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BE THERE so think on that buddy!! Smiley Winktrust is necessary to be willing to open up 50% of what makes you and feel able to know that person is who they proved to be at the end or you are screwed...NO CHANCE AT TAKING RISKS AND NO CHANCE OF GETTING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ...

Message 13 of 42
Duke84
Regular Contributor

My soon to be fiance has a MUCH better credit score than I do. By at least 200 points. However, she's there to help me get back on track and, as such, I consider her the standard that I need to meet and personally, surpass. I don't consider her to be a "breadwinner", but we split costs where we can and support each other.

We compliment each other and realize that my currents scores are going to get better over time. If anything, she has been my greatest supporter and cheerleader.

With that said, she doesn't make me feel inadequate, but she does like to know where I stand with my finances so that she knows where my money goes and offers recommendations about what I should do with it.
Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 14 of 42
ravaage
Established Member

My gf is way better than mine. And for that reason EVERYTHING is in her name.. the car, the lease to the apt, about 5 store credit cards, the electric bill, and the cable bill. It kind of sucks... but honestly having to ask her to app everything for us is the reason I am on these forums scouring for information to rebuild... and so far it is working! (i think) 

Current FICOs: (10-27-14) EQ- 655 / EX- 659 / TU- 653

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 / CapitalOne Quicksilver $3,000 / Barclaycard Rewards $2,500 / Barclaycard Apple $1,200 / CapitalOne Platinum $750 / Macy's $600 / Chase Freedom $500

In the garden as of 11/04/2014
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

They say there is no such thing as a dumb question.... My credit history is about 8 years longer than my wife's but her credit score is still considered tier 1.  Yes, i'm about 40 points higher than her, but at the end of the day, we both have tier 1 credit.  Does it matter? No.  Passing is passing.

Message 16 of 42
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@ravaage wrote:

My gf is way better than mine. And for that reason EVERYTHING is in her name.. the car, the lease to the apt, about 5 store credit cards, the electric bill, and the cable bill. It kind of sucks... but honestly having to ask her to app everything for us is the reason I am on these forums scouring for information to rebuild... and so far it is working! (i think) 

I am sure she doesn't use that against you! Smiley Wink  Keep up the good work!

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When the wife and i first met, she had wayyyy better credit than me, but had issues with keeping balances low.

Is there gardening time in your near future? May want to let inquirys and new accounts age off.

Message 18 of 42
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'll jump into the discussion.

My wife's score is very close to mine. Her last TU 08 score from Discover was 841.

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there gardening time in your near future? May want to let inquirys and new accounts age off.

You must be crazy! Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.