cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many men here have fiance's/wives with better credit than you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many men here have fiance's/wives with better credit than you?

My bf is a credit virgin, which I'll probalby be helping him with soon. At minimum wage he earns four times the amount I do, and has made it clear he considers me the better half regarding financial management (which, I counter, is a mere product of circumstance). We generally go dutch rather than color him the breadwinner, though I do let him treat me occasionally.

As far as feeling inadequate goes, I think we all have insecurities---some might be financial but many aren't--and relationships are about connecting lives in a way that enhances you both. I've dated two different millionaires; neither of them were capable of providing me what I was looking for. These days sometimes I feel inadequate, sometimes my bf feels inadequate, but at the end of the day we know we're choosing each other because we genuinely want to be with them and know they're worth it a million times over. Realizing that smooths over insecurities like nothing else.

Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many men here have fiance's/wives with better credit than you?

I guess it depends on your definition of BETTER

DH's score is better than mine - BUT - he has a hard time getting credit without me because he has NO history. 

his report shows 1 car loan - current - joint and one OLD mortgage paid in full in 2008.   Scores right at 700

Finally just got a Cap One with $300 limit - tried to get a second CapOne and was denied......

My scores average 660ish

I have 2 car loans reporting - one closed paid in 3/15 and the joint with him

the mortgage

and the cards listed in my signature.  - I just added him as AU to my Discover and AMEX.  

SOOO although his scores are higher - I feel my credit is better - because I actually have some and am able to get more......

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.