Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I said NO and it felt good

tag
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Re: I said NO and it felt good

Its all about peace of mind. Glad u secured yours.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

GOOD for YOU!!! You're not financially obligated to do that kind of stuff for family members.  So what they may get upset, they'll get over it.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 16
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my cousin is going on a trip and the total cost just for the tickets is around 2k.

since his credit is not that great and his 2 cards dont have that in limit he came to me and asked me if he could use one of my cards to pay for the tickets. (he always pays what i let him charge on my cards but its never over $500.) i told him i would do it. fastforward today and sleeping upon it i dediced i did not want to do it, because its a lot of money and my uti was going to take a bit of a bump. i currently have it at 8%. so he started calling me to give him the card and hurrying me. i deciced and told him i did not want to do it because its a lot of money and my scores were going to drop a bit. i dont like to say no to my family and he prolly got mad but in the end im happy i dont have to stress about that money! even though will pay.

but sometimes is good to say NO.  

Kudos to you !

You did the RIGHT thing. I don't think he should take a trip that he can't obviously afford. If he can't pay cash/credit for the tickets, what will he use to enjoy the luxury of being away ?

Sorry, but let him work his own way up creditwise....you can't save the world. I wish someone would cop an attitude because you don't owe anyone ANYTHING & let him be upset. Meanwhile enjoy your peace......Smiley Tongue

SisterGirl
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yes! thanks! 

SisterGirl wrote:

Kudos to you !

You did the RIGHT thing. I don't think he should take a trip that he can't obviously afford. If he can't pay cash/credit for the tickets, what will he use to enjoy the luxury of being away ?

Sorry, but let him work his own way up creditwise....you can't save the world. I wish someone would cop an attitude because you don't owe anyone ANYTHING & let him be upset. Meanwhile enjoy your peace......Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

First :  this is your credit card and up to you , for give to someone for use it or not at all.

secound :  When you promise to someone, you are responsible keep your promise.your cousin didn"t put gun on your head, it was much better before answer him ,tell him i will let you know tonight or tomarrow. (much better than tell him yes and after he called you say no). 

MY WORD IS MY BOND

Message 15 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Good for you. Can't say yes all the time to people and their requests. Family or not, it is easy to get in the habit of helping someone out here and there, but ultimately, they need to learn how to save or posess the means to buy what they need themselves. Vacations and what, definitely are not needs Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.