cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I get married with someone that has no credit...

tag
DiC916

Re: If I get married with someone that has no credit...

If you buy a house before you get married it won't matter what her score is, at least not until you want to move or refi, buy a car, etc.
EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693
Message 11 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DiC916 wrote:
If you buy a house before you get married it won't matter what her score is, at least not until you want to move or refi, buy a car, etc.

You can always leave the spouse off the mortgage application; however, it means the single individual will have to qualify for the house on income for the almighty DTI calculation.  

        
Message 12 of 21
DiC916

He said she doesn't work, so she has no income to add.
EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693
Message 13 of 21
neverrain
New Contributor

My buddy just bought a house (this week).  His wife has terrible credit and they shared credit cards.  She doesn't work either.  Since they had balances on shared cards, they removed her from the cards and he applied solo, since he had good credit.

You say "a girl you like".  That kind of indicates that you either just started seeing eachother, or plan to.  If you are at a stage this early in the relationship, I would suggest talking to her now about this and get her set on the right track with her credit.  Let her know that if she is serious about the relationship moving to that stage at some point, it's important for both of you that she does this.  Teach her.

If you don't want to talk to her about this, re-evaluate the relationship, or don't include her in the mortgage.  Up to you.

Message 14 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@DiC916 wrote:

he also said he isn't in a relationship and that all of this is hypothetical. He's borrowing trouble worrying about what "might, could, maybe happen"

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 15 of 21
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

A girl I like has never worked in her life and has no credit cards. Smiley Sad

RUN AWAY!

No. Seriously. It's not the "no CC" thing which is odd, it's the "never worked in her life". For me, that would scare me off. But that's just me.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 16 of 21
Himee
New Visitor

This. I'd be more concerned about never having worked in her life. Unless you like the idea of providing everything financial on your own.

Starting score: 712
Husband's starting score: 584

Goals: new car for me next year; house in 2 years.
Message 17 of 21
freak4tech
New Contributor

are you able to suppport her and her current lifestyle? If not run and run fast. 

Amex Business Gold NPSL ( 85k internal limit ) - AMEX Everyday $4200 - Chase Freedom $5500 - Discovery it $1300 - BOA Secured $4900 - Cap1 Sparks $1250 - Cap1 Spark Business $1500

2/18/2015
Fico EQ 682 - EX 691 - TU 699
1 boa baddie from 10/08 dying to get this removed
Message 18 of 21
IamB2
Established Contributor

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

A girl I like has never worked in her life and has no credit cards. Smiley Sad

RUN AWAY!

No. Seriously. It's not the "no CC" thing which is odd, it's the "never worked in her life". For me, that would scare me off. But that's just me.

Maybe she is young? 17-18? That is not uncommon. Smiley Happy

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 19 of 21
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@DiC916 wrote:

he also said he isn't in a relationship and that all of this is hypothetical. He's borrowing trouble worrying about what "might, could, maybe happen"

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.