tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Marriage

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Red, you're pure evil... come over here and sit by me.  LOL  Smiley LOL

I'm not evil... i'm just cynical thanks to failed marriage Smiley LOL

You can still sit next to me.  It gets lonely sitting by myself on the back pew, but at least I'm in the church Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife still hasn't changed her name with the social security office after 3 years and has had no problem changing her name on cards or bank accounts or getting approved for new cards and a mortgage with her married name and her cr's all show both names...the only thing she has to use her maiden name on is tax returns

Yeah, this will 'work', since even brick-and-mortar banks only need to see a copy of your marriage certificate, if they even ask for that much.  There's another thread going right now, though, with somebody that is dealing with a name mismatch (not due to marriage) and it can get messy. 

Your wife will probably be fine, but if she ever gets a passport (or renews an existing one) she'll definitely want to make sure all the records match, or just disregard her married name alltogether, since TSA is now connected to all the other databases (including SSA).  It would be a shame to be denied boarding an international flight because of a 'flag' on a passport caused by an alias.  Of course, just consistently using only her maiden name with government paperwork would work as well.

Just my 2¢ 

Agree about the passport...

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely something to think about with the passport...she already has a passport in her married name as well and it's worked twice but would be devastating if it actually caused issues at customs

It's not that she doesn't want to do but have you ever been to the social security office...no thanks
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.