Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messy situation with authorized users

tag
Lynnst
Valued Member

Re: Messy situation with authorized users

I agree with the advice you have been given here.  Definitely not criminal (I work in the field and we get questions similar to this frequently.)  If you owed her the money anyway just call it even - but make sure you remove her as an AU immediately.  Perhaps now there will be less to argue about later if you are sqared up on the debt you owed her.  Just trying to think of an up side...

Message 11 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

You owed her the money, so it seems that she did the best thing she could do to insure that she get it back as quick as she could.  You admit this fact yourself!  I don't really see what the problem is.  If you were going to do the right thing, why are you upset?  Even a Czar should obey the law and moral code. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should definitely remove her as an AU right away.  For cards that share the same account numbers (non-Amex cards), you should also request account number to be changed. Most of the time, removing the AU, doesn't invalidate their cards.  

Message 13 of 19
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

people gave you good advice answering your questions. if it were me, close off the AU cards.

The balances on them (ask the ex for her share, she'd prob say not but ask anayway), then with or without her YOU pay off those balances if you want to keep a clean credit record with the banks. You either get repad through divorce processdings or not. Ultimately YOUR name is on the line so pay off the cards and hope for th ebest, if not, think of payment of those cards as the cost of your separation, or part of the cost of "freedom" and be happy about that.

Message 14 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Our cards have the same account number, right down to the CVV number.  Can they tell the difference between our cards?

The CCC called me and asked me if I recognized any of these charges and I said no, I didn't make them.  They didn't ask me if an AU made them.  Are you sure there's no way I can dispute them since I didn't make them?

While you didn't lie about recognizing the charges, I wonder if you spoke up and said your AU might have made them? Doesn't matter if they didn't ask you if the AU made them. You're trying to skirt the issue here, and it's not in any way kosher. 

When one adds an AU to their account, they are agreeing no matter what to be liable for all spend.

You need to remove her immediately, should you not want to pay more money. And NO it's not ethical, moral, or I hope legal to dispute the transactions. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

remove her as an AU asap!

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove her...quickly.

Message 17 of 19
SayHey
Established Member

If she sent the explanation via text or email, be sure to keep it too in case it gets ugly later.  It's not impossible that you would be found responsible as the primary for the AU charges, and without the explanation, also be found liable to repay the loan to her if she asserts it at a later date. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-No

2-No

3-No

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.