Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SO's finances are a wreck.

tag
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: My SO's finances are a wreck.

I'm a bit on the fence reading this post, current and previous relationships. 

Ok you are frugal, to the point it even annoys your friends, much less your SO. I probably wouldn't even use SO as "significant" has a more definition here. Maybe, 1/2 dating partner? 

You are extremely lucky to not have to rely on a car to get to work (used or not), and a hefty inheirtance. 

Maybe she is not afforded the blessing you have. Buying implusively is a sign of very low self esteem. 

You know the self esteem and building resentment when you moved in with tightwad and had to mow the lawn, the only ones in the neighborhood. Well bless your heart. 

Advice- spllt up, for your sake and hers. 

You need someone who is frugal as you and loves it. Your current dating partner, needs to find herself, get her self esteem back, and spending under control. She can't afford to date you. 

Message 21 of 24
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@DollyLama wrote:

...Buying implusively is a sign of very low self esteem. 

Buying impulsively can also be a sign of indifference to responsibility. I state this from personal experience.

@DollyLama wrote:

...You need someone who is frugal as you and loves it. Your current dating partner, needs to find herself, get her self esteem back, and spending under control. She can't afford to date you. 

Well said. And even though the OP has not responded yet to any of the replies here, and I think you're confusing him with Backwood's response and subsequent clarifications, it's possible the advice may help others in similar positions.

Money, sex and remote controls are the bane of many relationships.   Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I hated about the yard was 1) she would not own or let me buy a gas power lawn mower those cost money to operate  We had to use old fashioned  puch no gasoline mower 2) hedge trimmer were hand set  nothing gas or eletric 3) leaves were racked by hand good grief we spend money on a blower.  Leaves were then burned when you got a permit.     If you have ever used a manual none gas mower on 5 acres with no relief in site you would hate it.  It was an all day deal to do  the yard.  

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tacpoly wrote:
It’s Chichen itza.

Chicken pizza? I'm in!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.