cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

Hey LadyAng, I recognized your name here from other posts and just wanted to say I love your commitment to helping others and was curious if you'd text me your credit card number, expiration date, CVV and zip code?  I just need to charge a few things and since you're so happy to help people I figure you could help me with a small Plastiq payment of $15,000 to my checking?

Thanks in advance!  If you can do it now I'll click "Kudos" 3 times or so if I remember to.

Message 71 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey LadyAng, I recognized your name here from other posts and just wanted to say I love your commitment to helping others and was curious if you'd text me your credit card number, expiration date, CVV and zip code?  I just need to charge a few things and since you're so happy to help people I figure you could help me with a small Plastiq payment of $15,000 to my checking?

Thanks in advance!  If you can do it now I'll click "Kudos" 3 times or so if I remember to.

Rotflmao! Not eh loooooongest day I live, Bubba. Thanks for the giggles, though!

Message 72 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if that's how you're going to be, I am going to un-kudos all 6 of your posts I kudo'd before!  That'll teach you a lesson!

Message 73 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahahahahaha.. Happy Friday everyoneSmiley Happy

Message 74 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read this thread from start to finish. It was very entertaining. LadyAng, you have are a talented writer, and have a knack for being witty, eloquent, funny, and most importantly vigilant. I've been scambaiting for the past few years. I can assure you that as absurd as your creepy neighbor's attempts to hit you up for money were to us here on the forum, there are actual victims who fall for this type of con all the time. I'm glad you were too savvy to be one of them.

For those who said police involvment wasn't appropriate, that's easy to say when they're not in your shoes. You have a right to feel safe and worry free from this type of harrassment in your neighborhood. Being that you're in TX, you should look into getting a cc license asap if you don't already don't have one. 

Wishing you the best going forward and rooting for Crazy Horse to move out this summer!

Message 75 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not even an offer for some "hot and heavy" in exchange for a loan of 5k? tisk tisk

Message 76 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Just when I thought it was safe...

This actually happened the day after my last post here (a couple of weeks ago, maybe?) saying that nothing was going on. I waited to post it as I was feeling a bit...ah, I dunno...blindsided. Anyhoo,

I waltzed out to my mailbox to get the post, when a car (actually, THE car I said was a late-model that had recently begun parking on the street in tandem with CH's daughter's car), pulled out of the alley beside my house. (Picture it, my house is on the corner, so the alley doesn't run behind it, rather it comes out beside it. There are 2 such entrances on our block. Most people use the alley closest to their house. That is, I and my very next door neighbor (a woman and her elderly parents whom I know well) generally use the alley entrance/exit that runs between our houses, because it's closest. The neighbors further down the block generally use the other alleyway. It just makes since. Although it's not verboten to use either. I sometimes use the one furthest from my house if I coming in from that direction.)

Okay, the scene is set. My point is, if you're using the alley around here, you either live on the block, or you're the sanitation crew or somesuch. As I walked absentmindedly to my mailbox, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a car had just pulled up parallel to my walkway, then stopped. Thought not much of it. Could be the person forgotten something or was shuffling around in the glovebox for something.

But when I got to the mailbox and was...again...absentmindedly browsing through the day's mail, that same car pulled up beside me on the street. The driver leaned across the passenger seat with a big smile and waved. (The windows were up.) I was about to wave back, assuming it was someone I knew well enough for them to stop. When all of a sudden I noticed...YOU GUESSED IT! It was Crazy Horse, himself! Grinning and waving at me like I was his BFF.

I froze like a deer caught in headlights just before I raised my arm to return the wave. The look on my face must have been one of shock, horror, with a little bit of "da F&*%????" thrown in because the smile disappeared from his face in rapid fashion, and he sat up straight in the driver's seat and drove off. I could swear he actually looked dejected!

I've been pissed off ever since. And don't know what to make of this. Hence my not updating before now. I'm having a backyard BBQ on Friday and several people on the block (friendlies) are attending. Until now, I had been thinking I'd put a chalkboard sign in the yard directing everyone to come straight around to the driveway gate, because that's where we'll all be, and I'll have to keep deserting my guests to go answer the front door. But now! Nothing doing! He just keeps inconveniencing me. And I wouldn't put it past him to notice the sojourn of guests walking past his house to mine and decided to join in. Yeah, that's far-fetched, but so is waving at someone who's called the police on your harassing behind!!! Ewwwww!

Make of it what you will.

Message 77 of 118
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Maybe he just wants his invite to the BBQ...  Smiley Tongue

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 78 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

This guy is too much! He's out of his mind and out of control. Here's to hoping he moves soon!

Message 79 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stunning UPDATE!

Yesterday in the mail I received an engraved formal invitation to Crazy Horse's daughter's wedding! Holy Crap, Batman! R.S.V.P. with links suggesting what/where to buy expensive gifts....or get this...just bring cash to be held at a large city-owned civic center. I'm too stunned for words. I want to post a pic of it, but it's so lengthy and descriptive, I'd have to black out nearly every other word to protect my own identity.

Mind you I have never, ever received any mail or invitations from them before. This is a first and it pissed me off, no end. What's up with this crap!!!

Message 80 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.