cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

Maybe go buy a $50 McDonalds gift card, use $43 of it yourself and give them the remainder.  With a coupon for buy one get one Big Macs?

Message 81 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. This guy is off his rocker.

Message 82 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Well, you are just going to have to go!  Enjoy the free food.  Be wary of the "bar" - it might be cash only bar.

As for the gift - you don't have to provide one.  If asked what you gave, ask the person why they want to know!

Message 83 of 118
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

Well, you are just going to have to go!  Enjoy the free food.  Be wary of the "bar" - it might be cash only bar.

As for the gift - you don't have to provide one.  If asked what you gave, ask the person why they want to know!

LOL! Or say you gave a large envelope of cash. Everybody will be alarmed to discover that your very generous gift is now missing and possibly stolen!

Message 84 of 118
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@IOBA wrote:

LOL! Or say you gave a large envelope of cash. Everybody will be alarmed to discover that your very generous gift is now missing and possibly stolen!

LMAO! We have some very creative posters here....Smiley Tongue

Message 85 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the wedding wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes, a halter top, and Ugg boots and give them a used copy of a Dave Ramsey book and a couple used DVD's (Mr 3000 and Policy Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol would be my suggestions)
Message 86 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news lately OP?

Message 87 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any news lately OP?

Just that the recently married daughter's car disappeared from being parked in front of that house since her wedding day. Haven't seen the neighbor at all, and no comings and goings from/to the house, (but he may be keeping a low profile as I'm sure he owes other people, too). But a small decorative cast iron chair that sits on their front porch is still there. I think they'd take it with them if they move, so no luck there, methinks. 

I long for the day I drive past that house and that stupid chair is gone!

Of course, I neither attended nor acknowledged their "red wedding".

Message 88 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

What!?!?!?!   You passed up the opportunity to get free food, hob knob with the neighbor and the elite, and the event to listen to whispered gossip????

Ang tell me it isn't so!!!  Smiley Frustrated  I think MANY of us were looking forward to a new chapter in the saga.

Message 89 of 118
Appleman
Valued Contributor

For the sake and sanity of the OP, I for one am not hoping for another chapter in the story! A simple 'he moved' THE END would be best.

Message 90 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.