cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

tag
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

I'm completely speechless. **bleep** is an understatement.  Well at least you've got a few bullet points should he be stupid enough to open the conversation again!

*mods - sorry for the bleep.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 118
Arago
New Contributor

You should have listened carefully to your neighbor, then asked him for $10k.    

Message 12 of 118
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Arago wrote:

You should have listened carefully to your neighbor, then asked him for $10k.    

Smiley Very Happy

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. Wow, that would've really confused. But only for a second. This man was truly in a mission to part me from my money!

UPDATE: The court records show a "final hearing for foreclosure" date of 11/29/2016. (Secondary liens must be judicial in Texas.) It was scheduled on October 20th.

So tell me what this so-called emergency deadline of October 31st was about that he was trying (unsuccessfully) pressure me with when he's got a month more to come up with the money.
Message 14 of 118
baller4life
Super Contributor

WOW...I am literally speechless. The audacity of some people is unbelievable!!
Message 15 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Asked the neighbors across the street and next door, (both of whom I know quite well enought to have socialized with and been inside each other's house -- unlike "crazy neighbor",  if he'd approached them. Nope, and they were just as astonished as I was. So just me, then. Hmmmph.

Installed Ring Pro Video Security Doorbell, Chime, and rear and side yards video cameras, all with night vision. Works well, had the first real test when an Amazon "same day" package was delivered last night. Also am installing landscaping lights and leadwalk lights.

Next will come putting the interior lighting either on timers or accessible remotely via wifi to make it seems the house is always occupied. (Have holiday travel coming up.) Haven't decided on a system yet. Accepting all suggestions, please.

Can't do much about the mailbox, except be aware of all sensitive deliveries like credit cards. But we do have instant text and email alerts of trackable deliveries in progress: when they've shipped, when they're out for delivery, and when they're completed by UPS and FedEx.

Also, being more aware of closing blinds and draperies when no one's home and finally found the incentive to hang those heavy theatre draperies on the front living room windows.

Freaky neighbors making me spend a crap load of money. I even called the DMV to nag about my permanent license plates! SMH!

Message 16 of 118
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

I read through this thread. I'm glad that you were savvy enough to not lend  give money to your neighbor. I wonder if the guy is a gambler.  

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 17 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

...and maybe the next time you see him let him know how happy you were that his foreclosure was delayed by a month.  (Then he will know that you fact checked.)

Message 18 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! But I truly hope I never run into him again. Wouldn't recognize him or his wife outside of the neighborhood anyway. That's how "close" we are.
Message 19 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

That conversation would have been about 10 seconds witih me.

No, I don't give away money, period, I wouldn't have listened to a second of it.  And get your concealed carry liscense.

That's a con artist, you should turn them in.

Message 20 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.