cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

Wow LadyAng I'm surprised to see you here on MyFico, much less sharing to the world the favor I asked of you. I asked to keep that between you and I. I'm your neighbor from 3 houses down...

JK. That's incredible. I can't believe that. Telling you how YOU can give him $5K. Although it's easy for me to say that I would have gone crazy, I'm sure I would have handled it the same way you did. Good on you for not falling in that trap. If you had loaned it, and they were truly maxed out on everything, you can rest assured you'd be the LAST to be paid back.

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Wow LadyAng I'm surprised to see you here on MyFico, much less sharing to the world the favor I asked of you. I asked to keep that between you and I. I'm your neighbor from 3 houses down...

JK. That's incredible. I can't believe that. Telling you how YOU can give him $5K. Although it's easy for me to say that I would have gone crazy, I'm sure I would have handled it the same way you did. Good on you for not falling in that trap. If you had loaned it, and they were truly maxed out on everything, you can rest assured you'd be the LAST to be paid back.

LMAO! For one quick second, reading your first line I thought, "OMG!!! This crazy freak is hunting me down on credit forums!!!!"

Okay, you got me...really took a couple of years off my life. Good on ya!

Message 22 of 118
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

LMAO! For one quick second, reading your first line I thought, "OMG!!! This crazy freak is hunting me down on credit forums!!!!"

Okay, you got me...really took a couple of years off my life. Good on ya!

LOL. Glad I gotcha, but seriously that would be sick if he found you on here...lol. Seriously though I hope everything works out and he keeps his distance. Have a great day!

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I just thought of something. Virtually all cards that offer cash advance, it's like just a fraction of the total credit limit. Seriously, one of my cards offers only $500 and the most I've seen is 50%. So in the nutjob neighbor's mind, he's assuming I have very high limit cards to be able to do cash for $4.6k for him.

Besides that, if I needed to do cash advance just to cover his butt, it would be because I had no cash in checking, savings, money market, etc. What was ***I*** supposed to live on while he was "saving his house"???

Dang! Now I'm PO'ed all over again!!!

Message 24 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people will never be able to have self control, its like a drunk will always crave a drink, best thing you can do is tell him to get on a budget, and work hard to get out of debt and get your life back together.

Message 25 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap! I am late to this thread. I cannot beleive someone would have the nerve to do that. Props for keeping your cool, but I don't think I would have been able to do that. I am all about setting firm boundries.

Message 26 of 118
TheVig
Regular Contributor

None of this surprises me. I've come in contact with more than one over the top scumbag over the years.

Message 27 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Message 28 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized (been busy with the holidays, family business, travelling, etc.) that the neighbor had a court date of November 29th. So I checked the court records again and it says "Cancelled. Agreement Reached. CLOSED) on 11/29/2016. But then 3 days later it says "Order Of Foreclosure, Court fees of $566 paid in full by Plaintiff". Also, an individual additional unnamed plaintiff appeared Pro Se.

Now, I can't be sure, but it almost sounds like the neighbor agreed to do a "Deed In Lieu Of Foreclosure". Meaning, he'll voluntarily vacate the property and hand over the Deed to Compass Bank in exchanged for not having the word "foreclosure" on his credit reports (small consulation) and likely for more time to pack up and go.

I don't see his house on the foreclosure lists through February 2017, either. I hope I'm right because I feel truly uncomfortable with him living next to me and truly P.O'd that he mistook me for a Basic B. So, yeah, I want him gone by the New Year. I'll keep you posted.

Message 29 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realized (been busy with the holidays, family business, travelling, etc.) that the neighbor had a court date of November 29th. So I checked the court records again and it says "Cancelled. Agreement Reached. CLOSED) on 11/29/2016. But then 3 days later it says "Order Of Foreclosure, Court fees of $566 paid in full by Plaintiff". Also, an individual additional unnamed plaintiff appeared Pro Se.

Now, I can't be sure, but it almost sounds like the neighbor agreed to do a "Deed In Lieu Of Foreclosure". Meaning, he'll voluntarily vacate the property and hand over the Deed to Compass Bank in exchanged for not having the word "foreclosure" on his credit reports (small consulation) and likely for more time to pack up and go.

I don't see his house on the foreclosure lists through February 2017, either. I hope I'm right because I feel truly uncomfortable with him living next to me and truly P.O'd that he mistook me for a Basic B. So, yeah, I want him gone by the New Year. I'll keep you posted.

Following... Keeping fingers crossed

Message 30 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.