cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Neighbor I Barely Know Asked For $5k Loan! What?????

Hopefully, he leaves the house. You had every right to call the cops. This guy was out of line for asking you for 5 K out the blue and then asking again as if you are old friends or family that love him. I have had family that hounded and hounded for money and it ended up bad for me(never saw it again and relations were damaged). DW has been burned by friends and family for thounsands of dollars, she woult rather call it a loss than cause bad relations. This guy could care less about your needs, wants, and furture plans, any problems(if you have any) and saw you as a mark. People like this can get vindictive and possibly damage your property or even try to hurt you. The cops have him on their radar. If you haven already, get "other protection" that have clips or cylinders to be safer.

Message 41 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

It's February 13, 2017.  Did the house get foreclosed on?

Message 42 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IOBA wrote:

It's February 13, 2017.  Did the house get foreclosed on?

Can't tell yet. There's no easy way to know until the new deed is recorded. Here's what I've found out by talking to "those in the know". In order for me to see the back of this guy, the new owner, (likely Compass Bank BBVA itself, as this is common on a HELOC foreclosure. The bank has to make whole the primary lender, plus recoup all their own principal, arrears, court and attorney's fee. As Compass is the only entity that knows all the dollar figures -- theirs and the primary lender's, with whom I'll bet they've been in contact -- a third party would be taking a huge risk to buy the deed on the courthouse steps.

So if the sale went through (and so far, I don't see any new posting for its sale in future months), the new owner has to:

1) File the Deed with the county court - That takes from 1-2 weeks to be recorded. Say 2 weeks, because a bank will wait for the certified doc to be mailed to them, rather than go get it in person. (NOTE: Once/If it's recorded, I should be able to see the new deed for that address online, so far...nada, so I'll keep searching)

2) Give the neighbor a 3-day written notice to "Quit". That may/may not have happened already.

3) After 3-days, new owner can file for eviction at JP court, which will set a trial date of for between 6-10 days for request. NOTE: the new owner must show ownership. Hence, having to wait for the deed to be recorded.

4) If judge grants eviction, they get another 5 days to appeal. (This neighbor will likely take it, just to stall, but he'd likely be pro se, and Compass will bury him.)

5) After 5 days, new owner goes back to the JP court office and file for a Writ of Possession.

6) Within 24 hours, Constable serves Writ Of Possession.

7) Bank (or other new owner) now gets possession.

So you see, the neighbor COULD drag this out for apprx. 1 month or so AFTER foreclosure date. Conversely, they might offer "cash for keys".

I'll keep you posted.

P.S. There's no sign of moving vans, or any other "getting out of Dodge" activity going on there.

Message 43 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it can be a process!

I have known people to drag out the eviction process by months.  

I have known cases where the mortgage company did not record the new deed until they were prepared to resell the property, thus leaving the former owner on the county records as the owner.  (If the foreclosed upon owner tried to sell the house, the title company would notify the mortgagee to get a final pay off, and presumably, that is when it would become known that the bank owned the property.)

Keep us updated!

Message 44 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't wait to get a resolution to this. Will be watching for updates.

Message 45 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Annipoo - want some popcorn?  Soda or wine?  This is kinda  suspenceful drama thriller, isn't it?

Message 46 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

subscribing just to get the updates.

also I will host Tea sunday mornings as we watch for updates if anybodys interested.

Message 47 of 118
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Tea isn't my thing...can I bring beer?

I, too, am anxious for news on this one.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 48 of 118
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I'll bring cinnamon rolls!

Message 49 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll cook out brat, hotdogs, and burgers while we watch and wait. 

Message 50 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.