Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents have Credit Cards in my name screwing my Credit Score

tag
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Re: Parents have Credit Cards in my name screwing my Credit Score

I'm confused about the student loans. Are those in your name for your parent's education?

I understand that they opened (and that you let them open) credit cards in your name. Are they official authorized users at least on the credit cards? 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 21 of 22
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Parents have Credit Cards in my name screwing my Credit Score

JustMe77 - I think the OP was saying he had taken out student loans in his name and had missed a few payments.   The credit cards were in his name, but his parents applied for the cards, received the cards (intercepted his mail), used the cards, charged up the balance on the cards, and sometimes make the minimum payment.

The OP was upset becuase the cc debt & missed payments, on top of his own student loan debt & missed payments, had really hurt his credit score.

He wants the cc debt out of his name and in his parents name.  

The OP now realizes that with as much debt as he has, he can not get a home or do much of anything.

The OP is not  willing to turn his parents in for fraud or identity theft.    His parents had previously filed for BK and did not have credit, which is why they applied in their son's (the OP's) name.

Hope this helps!

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.