cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to get engaged...had the credit talk...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Planning to get engaged...had the credit talk...

@MTSN wrote:

Thanks for the kind words all! I do feel fortunate we share similar goals and experiences. We've both waited till our mid 30s to even entertain the idea of marriage as we've both grown up in households that ended in mulitple divorces. I think maturing, finishing school, traveling/playing around, getting careers established, putting finances in order then finding a partner is a great way to go. I realize it's not for everyone, but I'm happy that's the way we're doing it.

@MTSN,

Congrats as you are building a solid path for the both of you. Good decisions...

Message 11 of 16
Drash
Valued Member

That is the kind of womanwoman you marry  that same day with these kind of scores,and to top it she just finished her masters, sounds like you found yourself a keeper.

drash
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great story! She's a keeper!!! Congratulations to both of you! 

Message 13 of 16
MTSN
Regular Contributor

Thanks again everyone - we're officially engaged as of February! Interestingly enough, we have wanted to buy a bigger place for us to live in together (have been living separately since we met almost 3 years ago), but we live in Denver and decided it would be best to wait until the housing market cools in a couple years unless we found a smokin deal. Well, we found a smokin deal and actually closed on our new place about a month ago too! I left my other condo/loft fully furnished which is in the downtown area and have been renting it out since then, so lots of changes in a short time. I'll tell you what - it's been a huge relief knowing she has been financially responsible to be able to make a move on a place on short notice. She's also been very good at keeping me restrained on spending for the new place too, but I did get to splurge on the couch which she now loves Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Wonderful story, MTSN.  And what a great thing that both of you are so fiscally responsible.  Plus, congratulations on all of the recent events taking place in the lives of both of you.

Message 15 of 16
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Although it sounds storybook I'm sure alot of hard work and commitment went n2 getting U where U (both) are today. Now take that same commitment and apply it to your impending marriage. Continued success to U both.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.