Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing hubby's credit cards from my report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing hubby's credit cards from my report

My husband and I have filed for divorce, which will be finalized in February. We have about $15,000 in credit card debt, all of which have been closed by the creditors. My question is this: my husband signed up for all the cards, and added me as an authorized user. I did use these occasionally, but they were all in his name as the primary. Can I have these removed from my credit report? If I am successful, will it improve my score? I don't really have any credit of my own since I spent such a long time being married and he had everything in his name. However, now I'm discovering I have a really low score which I'm trying to improve.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing hubby's credit cards from my report

yes you can simply either call the creditors and asked to be removed and your reports updated or even easier dispute them on your credit report as not your accounts and they will be deleted.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. And by doing so my score is likely to increase?
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes, but you will see the biggest score increases if you get some credit in your own name.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.