Removing hubby's credit cards from my report

My husband and I have filed for divorce, which will be finalized in February. We have about $15,000 in credit card debt, all of which have been closed by the creditors. My question is this: my husband signed up for all the cards, and added me as an authorized user. I did use these occasionally, but they were all in his name as the primary. Can I have these removed from my credit report? If I am successful, will it improve my score? I don't really have any credit of my own since I spent such a long time being married and he had everything in his name. However, now I'm discovering I have a really low score which I'm trying to improve.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: EQ: 709 TU: ??? EX: 590 EXPlus: 644
Goal Score: EQ: 800 TU: 750 EX: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor

Re: Removing hubby's credit cards from my report

yes you can simply either call the creditors and asked to be removed and your reports updated or even easier dispute them on your credit report as not your accounts and they will be deleted.
Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

Thank you. And by doing so my score is likely to increase?

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: EQ: 709 TU: ??? EX: 590 EXPlus: 644
Goal Score: EQ: 800 TU: 750 EX: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor

yes, but you will see the biggest score increases if you get some credit in your own name.
Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.