cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sticky pickle with fiance and terrible credit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sticky pickle with fiance and terrible credit!

Take control of the finances and pay checks, pay your rent/essentials/your credit card first.

Message 11 of 15
Drash
Valued Member

Yo need to get that discover card back ,he might throw a hizzy fit but the bottom line is its your credit on future on a downward spiral. You said he is a great guy, I don't doubt that ,it might be HALO EFFECT you have on him, driving an expensive car but going nowhere in life!.Don't buy a house with him or have kids with him until he gets his mess in order because you will be foreclosed in about two years.He can start by opening a secured credit card from his bank. I feel for you but protect your credit by all means necessary!, l wish you well.

drash
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You seriously want to marry this guy?

Message 13 of 15
BuckiRob
Established Member

Cut him off completely from all credit use.  He cant even manage his own credit and he is destroying your.s  You need to have a heart to heart.  If you are actaully living as a married couple you should be acting like one.  Joint accounts with all income going into the joint accout out of which all household expenses are maintained. Keep your credit seperate.  that way if he self destructs it doesn destroy your credit rating.  You should handle the checking account since you seem to have a better handle on being fiscally resposible.  You both should have an allowance for lunch money, coffee  etc.... 

Any purchases that are not household required in excess of a pre agreed upon amount (sa 35$) has to be jointly agreed upon....

He has no financial discipline and he needs the structure to keep from self destructing

Message 14 of 15
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Op good luck on whatever you decide to do....For me its Truly a Red Flag!!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.