Established Member
jroxy5

Suze Orman's Advice

I honestly believe we should start to take some of Suze Orman's advice on rebuilding and maintaining our credit...

When I first heard about Suze Orman, I began to follow her advice and rebuilt my credit.  However, in Nov 2011, my 700s scores started to fall because of my own undoing!

Well, I am back on board with Suze's advice and I would like to see more postings on what she suggest.

Does Anyone else agrees...

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Re: Suze Orman's Advice

Although I am a fan of Suze's her advice is normally geared toward money management and not so much your credit score. Although I will agree that sound money management principles will lead to a solid credit record the focus on these forums is toward "How do I maximize my score to achieve...".

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
lithium78

I was able to get myself onto the right track in terms of credit and personal finance by following Suze Orman's advice.  I read all her books and watch her TV show and it's made a massive difference.  I'm actually giving a copy of "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke" to my sister as a high school graduation present along with my own personal notes to set her on the right financial path.  

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
jroxy5

@ Lithium78:  I agree.  Though her books are more geared toward investments, building that nest egg; she does talk about credit. She also talks about the options one can take to pay off debt. 

Honestly, one can't put money into a 401K unless you have money freed up to save for retirement.  In addition, a person can build that Fico Score to 800, but that does not guarantee a mort loan. I know someone who has a score near 800 yet their  income is too low to afford a house or condo, not to mention having a 401K.. 

Also, the best advice I learned from Suze:  Money first, People, then things.

If a person is so focused on getting that High Fico Score; I kinda wonder what type of person they are in the areas of  life that count more than that high Score. 

Hence, I would like to see that person take their score to the grave.  I'm just saying...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+