Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suze Orman's Advice

tag
jroxy5
Established Member

Suze Orman's Advice

I honestly believe we should start to take some of Suze Orman's advice on rebuilding and maintaining our credit...

When I first heard about Suze Orman, I began to follow her advice and rebuilt my credit.  However, in Nov 2011, my 700s scores started to fall because of my own undoing!

Well, I am back on board with Suze's advice and I would like to see more postings on what she suggest.

Does Anyone else agrees...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Suze Orman's Advice

Although I am a fan of Suze's her advice is normally geared toward money management and not so much your credit score. Although I will agree that sound money management principles will lead to a solid credit record the focus on these forums is toward "How do I maximize my score to achieve...".

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
lithium78
Established Contributor

I was able to get myself onto the right track in terms of credit and personal finance by following Suze Orman's advice.  I read all her books and watch her TV show and it's made a massive difference.  I'm actually giving a copy of "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke" to my sister as a high school graduation present along with my own personal notes to set her on the right financial path.  

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
jroxy5
Established Member

@ Lithium78:  I agree.  Though her books are more geared toward investments, building that nest egg; she does talk about credit. She also talks about the options one can take to pay off debt. 

Honestly, one can't put money into a 401K unless you have money freed up to save for retirement.  In addition, a person can build that Fico Score to 800, but that does not guarantee a mort loan. I know someone who has a score near 800 yet their  income is too low to afford a house or condo, not to mention having a 401K.. 

Also, the best advice I learned from Suze:  Money first, People, then things.

If a person is so focused on getting that High Fico Score; I kinda wonder what type of person they are in the areas of  life that count more than that high Score. 

Hence, I would like to see that person take their score to the grave.  I'm just saying...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.