Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA with husband with high utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UA with husband with high utilization

Hello OP. FYI, you can call the credit card company yourself. No need to wait for your husband. All you need to do is give them the info they ask (last 4 of your SSN, CC number, DOB, etc.) and tell them you do not wish to be an AU. AND that you want the account deleted from your credit reports. 

Depends on the CC, but generally, they can send a request to the credit bureaus ASAP to delete the account. I did it last week with 3 of hubbie's Wells Fargo CCs, simply because my own was "graduating" and I didn't need/want so many WF cards showing, (for my own financial purposes). WF filled out the CRA dispute while I was on the phone. Yesterday's CK report shows the WF accounts deleted, so it was nearly instant when it comes from the creditor's end.

What I'm saying is that, YOU'RE in the driver's seat and can proactively insist the CC companies remove you as AU and delete the account. Good luck!

FYI, AU on my hubbie's accounts were having absolutely no effect one way or the other (and his UT is low). Because of our disparate surnames and the fact that WF doesn't report addresses, FICO Score 8 can't figure out that we're "related" so gives me no bonus boost for being AU. So I ditched AU on his WF cards. Still keeping AU on Citi and Barclay, because from my research, just showing them as AU on my report can actually boost my chances of getting in with those 2 in my own name only in future. Once that's done (next year, maybe?), I ditch those AUs, as well.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.