cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna know how I saved $700 without even trying?

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Wanna know how I saved $700 without even trying?

I smiled too!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 26
frio
Frequent Contributor

2 weeks ago I cashed my jar out to 264 and I no where near saved all my change, im going to do it again this year and with all the change

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom uses one of those big plastic water jugs for her "jar".  One year she paid for a 7-day Alasken cruise with just that "jar" of change.  It's pretty amazing how quick it can add up. 

Message 13 of 26
p-
Valued Contributor

This year I ran all my spending through credit cards to get the rewards, so I had no change....

Message 14 of 26
IOBA
Senior Contributor

p- I was like that...but  my food bill gets totally out of hand when I use a cc to pay for food.  So I have forced myself to use cash most of the time just for groceries.   Thus, the change.   Aug - Nov = $118+    Not bad!  Smiley Happy

I love the rewards on a cc.  I always pay my cc off each payday.  So some cycles it reports a balance and sometimes it doesn't.  Idon't worry about it.  

Message 15 of 26
p-
Valued Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

p- I was like that...but  my food bill gets totally out of hand when I use a cc to pay for food.  So I have forced myself to use cash most of the time just for groceries.   Thus, the change.   Aug - Nov = $118+    Not bad!  Smiley Happy

I love the rewards on a cc.  I always pay my cc off each payday.  So some cycles it reports a balance and sometimes it doesn't.  Idon't worry about it.  

I pay the card as I use it too...  I try to only charge what I have in my bank account to pay immediately.  It works out pretty well so far.

Message 16 of 26
fleurs

I have several "jars" or "piggybanks" that I throw coins in. I have a jar for pennies, a small piggy bank and two bigger ones. The piggy banks are for the grandbaby. I should count to to see how much...Probably enough to open her an account.

Starting Score: 666
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 725

Message 17 of 26
taggl00
Valued Member

i do the same thing.....i save all year and cash in my jar right before vacation time....past august i cashed in $220 and used it on vacation

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I save money by having my tenants in my rental property deposit their rent directly into my savings account so I don't have to add to it from my cash! Which is about $2400/month, for a 2 unit building! (1200/unit). I think it's pretty smart!

Message 19 of 26
clocktick
Valued Contributor

We have a coin jar but it's not used because we do not use cash. 

Smiley Sad

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.