Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to consider if things go south?.

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

What to consider if things go south?.

Well guys today is the day that my mind is getting to me, I absolutely love my DW but we argue over the dumbest things constantly.

For example, yesterday night we had some of her family at our home, and we went to get burgers at In N Out, I wanted to eat mine inside because I hate the taste and idea of cold food, she then got mad and told me no, I said yes... And well everything went down from there, fight escaladed.. Etc.

I know I have more to lose (financially) in the scenario that we ever choose to go our separate routes. Can anyone tell me exactly what happens in that case??.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: What to consider if things go south?.

Are you in a community property state?

How long have you been legally married?

Do you want to get divorced?

Are there children involved?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Careful, you wouldn't want something like this to happen if you forced her to eat inside when she didn't want to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIvEkg1V1E&t=0m35s

"You wanna eat?! Eat! Eat all you want to eat, you pig!"

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA that video was great!

To the OP, there are so many things to consider in that situation. There are things that you can start doing to protect yourself, but I am not an attorney (I only play one on TV, haha) so I won't get too deep into it. Maybe you should consult fam law attorney to get some good solid advice specific to your situation and state law.

I have never been married, but I do know that when I started arguing about every little thing and finding reasons that I didn't want to go home... that was the mental end of my relationship.

I should stay out of this forum. Every thread I read has me thinking I should tell people to be single. I am not an angry woman or a man hater, I swear. lol I am probably anti-marriage and definitely anti-staying in a relationship that makes you unhappy. So take my posts with that in mind. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Careful, you wouldn't want something like this to happen if you forced her to eat inside when she didn't want to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIvEkg1V1E&t=0m35s

"You wanna eat?! Eat! Eat all you want to eat, you pig!"

Thats a bad girl alright in that video.

OP, have you been thinking about this for a while?  I find it a bit worrying a simple outing can spark such divorce thoughts you know.  I hope you don't do anything in haste and talk it out with your wife before anything.

Communication is key and does she know how you feel?  If not, talk with her before anything else.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.