cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the person you're dating is a credit nightmare?

tag
Drash
Valued Member

Re: When the person you're dating is a credit nightmare?

THIS IS GOOD POST ,ENCOURAGING DO NOT SCREW HER UP SHE THREW YOU A LIFE LINE. I HAVE DONE IT FOR MY lADY. Thanks for sharing.

drash
Message 61 of 68
OrangeTree

Don't walk.   RUN.   And try not to look back.    Ever.

Message 62 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, that person needs to go! THEY DO NOT CHANGE. Maybe for a little time they will pretend they do. 

Message 63 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to be back, but reading more of your innitial post, he seems to be the "smoozer", classic seeker of sugar mamas. If it's not you, another one will do for him

Message 64 of 68
Drash
Valued Member

I  hope he gets his act together instance gratification is not a good thing.

drash
Message 65 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, is there an update from the OP?

Message 66 of 68
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

There is a quote from one of my favorite persons in the world (and is so profound in its simplicity)..... "When someone shows you who they are, Believe Them".

Message 67 of 68
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Lightntheglass wrote:

Let me start off by saying I am not a credit elititst. I know what it is like to ruin one's credit and try to come back from it. As it stands, Nov 2014 all my bad credit will have fallen off, but I also had to do a lot of credit repair to get where I am, so I know the struggle. HOWEVER.....I learned from my bad mistakes of youth when it came to credit cards and not paying bills. I have a track record now of never missing a payment and knowing what I can afford. My boyfriend on the other hand...Is an idiot. 

-3 Capital One credit cards about to by CO in June
-student loans
- unpaid  tax Lien
-Late payments on Car with $530 a month payment....On a Dodge Avenger 2013...It is currently behind and even got repo'd but he got it back, but it's late again. Car is worth 26K
-Bill-Me-Later to be CO
-Delinquent Verizon phone, in collections
-Has no car insurance, which is in collection
-Unpaid medical bills (not on credit report....YET)

All in all he's about 50K in the hole. He lies about making the minimum payments on the CC and thinks I don't know, his credit score is like 471. When he has money he pays rent, utilities, his car (if he can afford it). The rest he just spends on nonsense, he knows I am very protective of my credit and I am hesitent to be with someone who is finanically irresponsible. Yet he keeps doing this! He would rather spend $100 to take me to dinner and make me happy in the meantime then pay his bills. I like the sweet gestures but they are short term, I am worried about long term. When it comes time to buy a house, if we ever get to that point he wouldn't be able to be on a loan ect ect. He also spends money on other crap for himself he doesn't need. I have been through the credit storm and no matter how much I warn him, he doesn't get it, even though he says he does. He cares about spending money to make me and himself happy in the short term, and thinks it doesn't matter how much it costs as long as we have fun in the moment, HIS EXACT WORDS. Am I wrong in not wanting to marry into this!? How long do you give someone a chance to get their financial act together before you call it quits??? Especially when it wasn't always like this? This has been the past 9 months or so.

It's not the fact that his credit is "bad" and he made mistakes or something happened outside his control, it's the fact that he is doing NOTHING to fix it and KEEPS making decisions to put himself further in the hole, like not paying them when he has extra money!!! Smiley Mad

This IS an old post - so hopefully it's a done deal by now.

In any event as the motto says: Money (add management) talks and BS walks. Time for the BS to take a walk.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.