cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I always end up with the dumb ones...

tag
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why do I always end up with the dumb ones...

My gf used to be really bad about money and very unresponsible also. I talked to her told her it would not work if it continued it took her awhile but she got use to taking care of bills first. After our talk she paid off all off her charge offs she  rehabbed all her student loans and is now pretty financialy responsible. But I do keep track of her accts and remind her before pay day what she needs to pay and how much is left over after all is paid now her money actually last until her next payday and it has gotten rid of alot of the stress we had before. It takes some people awhile to come around . It is hard to get some people out of the mind set of you got to spend it all as soon as you get it then struggle till next week .

Message 11 of 15
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

Update:

I have tried my best but she just cannot stick to a budget.  I made her a budget sheet with all her expenses listed to help visualize.  Still she spends money she doesn't have and keeps using the excuse I never learned it like you did.  So frustrating.  I had to let her go.  I cannot stay with someone who has been shown so many times and still can't do it.  My hands are tied on this one.  I gave it my best shot.  Heck my 9 year old son understands how to budget and why we need to keep some money in the bank for emergencies.  /end rant

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fezwhy wrote:

Update:

I have tried my best but she just cannot stick to a budget.  I made her a budget sheet with all her expenses listed to help visualize.  Still she spends money she doesn't have and keeps using the excuse I never learned it like you did.  So frustrating.  I had to let her go.  I cannot stay with someone who has been shown so many times and still can't do it.  My hands are tied on this one.  I gave it my best shot.  Heck my 9 year old son understands how to budget and why we need to keep some money in the bank for emergencies.  /end rant

You did what you could.

I wouldn't have been so forgiving, personally.

Message 13 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting your son away from a bad example.  Some people just don't want to be helped.

Message 14 of 15
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I know this is off topic, but I just saw this thread today - Why do I always end up with the dumb ones - I really had to double check to see if my wife had discovered myFICO forums (actual issues aside).

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.