Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife has no desire to ask for a discover cli

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Wife has no desire to ask for a discover cli

No worries - move on and forget about it.

My wife has no interest in credit scores - "if credit is good enough, then why waste time on it". So, we don't discuss it.

Her credit is hers and I am free to obsess about my scores if it makes me happy.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 11 of 17
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Sounds like my wife. Discover even sent her a mailer for a pre approved CLI. She just threw it in the trash. She uses the card occasionally and pays it off so it isn't like she needs one. I just let it go Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fiance is the same way. Up until last week, she only had one card, a Wells Fargo cash back card. $4k limit, with an umblemished report and no outstanding debt, AAoA something like 10 years, and approximately $90k salary. She knows nothing about credit, so every time I've nudged her to request a CLI, she's balked at it and said she doesn't need $4k, so why would she need more? After about 6 months of educating her on credit, she finally agreed to apply for another card and got approved for a Quicksilver at $10k.

I'm trying to share the knowledge that I've gained from these boards with her, but it's a looooong slow process :-)

Message 13 of 17
MTSN
Regular Contributor

I tried to tell my wife with her 830 credit score she should try for the 3x CLI on her Amex card over a year ago, and she said if I ever spend more than my current limit of like $5k I'm in trouble. I was like that's not the point!!! haha I'd just bite your tongue and let it slide.

Message 14 of 17
Appleman
Valued Contributor

How would she feel about some of the current cards that are offering $150 and up as sign-on bonuses if she meets a certain level of spend? I guess you could wait until you are closer to the holidays and have her apply to get the sign-on, Christmas cash.

But, it is her credit. Great to know she manages her credit well!

Message 15 of 17
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I got the same problem with my wife. If the credit limit is enough to use why bother? After 3 years of letting it by, she finally needed a cli on her Kanes sc cause our bed broke and we where already financing another purchase (at 0%). She went from 1k to 3k. Then I made her call the other cc/sc and got a cli on all of them. They don't care about their cl until it affects them directly and a few points drop might not get their attention. Maybe the presentation with pop corn and chocolate might do it ...
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Chances are there are far more enjoyable ways to pass the time with one's wife, lol.

Smiley Very Happy Agreed!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.