cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macys credit approval odds (employee aswell)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

macys credit approval odds (employee aswell)

hey so i wanna apply for a macys card i kinda dont care about the limit being high but what are my chances ive inly had credit for 3 months and a score of 668 around there nd since i work there ill be getting all perks and discounts and will help my credit ratio since i mostly use my capital one and discover cards all the time and wont be using the macys for chronic spending but to get something here and there , also idk if i hould do it in person some say u get a higher limit but it also benefits them as a store and the employee gets a dollar from the register for having me apply where as if i do myself online nothing will happen ? and there they tell u on the spot 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: macys credit approval odds (employee aswell)

I worked partime for pocket money for Macys probably 25 years ago one Christmas.  Then to get the employee discount you had to use your employee macy's card.  As a part timer mine had a super low limit.  My regular Macys card had a normal limit. Back then if you worked for Macy's you just told them you needed an employee card and you got one.  Because   of discount and sales I spent as much as I made.   It was fun. 

Message 2 of 3
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: macys credit approval odds (employee aswell)

In my experience; store cards are more likely to be approved at the register.

Where is that score from? What bureau and is it an actual FICO?

I got Macy's with a $600 limit when I still had 2 judgments and a collection. And maybe 600-630 scores (I can't remember which bureau they pulled)
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.