Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Purchase w/ Crown Jewelers

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

1st Purchase w/ Crown Jewelers

What if I may ask has been everyone's frist purchase with them? I was approved for $1500 but wasnt planning on using until I get other stuff in order. I just dont want to lose my approval so I may by something super small. Just wondered what others had purchased in their new beginnings.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st Purchase w/ Crown Jewelers

"Hubby" bought me a $100 crappy Fossil watch. The cheapest (well, pretty much the ONLY) thing I liked.

Down payment was $49 (including shipping) and we have a $57 balance already. Should be here tomorrow afternoon. Since we ordered it Tuesday evening, I'd say that's pretty durn fast!!

Anywho, it worked out for both of us (sorta) ... hubby gets a boost to his FICOs (we hope) and I get another, albeit late, B-Day present! LOL!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got they Fossil watch as well. It was the only thing that "appeared" ok. I've had the watch approx 3 weeks.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got they Fossil watch as well. It was the only thing that "appeared" ok. I've had the watch approx 3 weeks.

Do you like it? Or is it as crappy in real life as it is on their site??

I got the one with the leather band. It's harder, IMO, to make leather crappier than "gold" or "silver!"

Well, you know ... what they're passing off as "gold" or "silver."

But then, I'm biased. The only jewelry I really wear is my wedding ring (didn't even want an engagement ring -- which REALLY scandalized our family and friends!!), a pair of silver hoop earrings and a funky hippie necklace.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dolphin hoop earrings. $69(I think)
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw those and liked them (live in FL, we LOVE dolphins here ... it's the sharks we don't like!). But they're gold and I'm allergic.

DD doesn't like earrings and DH is too "macho" to wear jewelry aside from his wedding ring and watch (which is a REALLY nice diver's watch, so no practical excuse to buy him another one). HE says he's too macho, but I think it's more of a case of he's too insecure in his masculinity!! Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw those and liked them (live in FL, we LOVE dolphins here ... it's the sharks we don't like!). But they're gold and I'm allergic.

DD doesn't like earrings and DH is too "macho" to wear jewelry aside from his wedding ring and watch (which is a REALLY nice diver's watch, so no practical excuse to buy him another one). HE says he's too macho, but I think it's more of a case of he's too insecure in his masculinity!! Smiley Wink

Hopefully, we'll be living in FL this time next year.
Message 7 of 11
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

NikJ4 wrote:
What if I may ask has been everyone's frist purchase with them? I was approved for $1500 but wasnt planning on using until I get other stuff in order. I just dont want to lose my approval so I may by something super small. Just wondered what others had purchased in their new beginnings.

I ordered an inexpensive pair of earrings for my dd. I can't wear jewelry (allergic to every metal out there) or watches (I stop them). I think I paid $29 for the earrings. They were actually nicer than I thought they would be.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooh! Congrats!! Any particular area in mind?

We're in Northern FL (in the Panhandle) and we tend to be VERY southern in attitude.

If you go south to Tampa, the attitude seems to be more like the northern US, and in the Keys ... well in the Keys, it's anarchy, but in a good way!!

Miami and Ft, Lauderdale seem to have an attitude all their own ... very laid back, but tony at the same time.

You will LOVE it. You just need to watch out for tourists and sharks. They can be equally dangerous!! Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered the silver heart earrings with the little chains dangling from them & received them today.  They're cute...DD wants her ears pierced again so she can have them!

Something you may want to think about is just ordering one of the items with lowest down payment (that's how I sorted when I placed this order).  With shipping I paid around $20 & have a balance of about $35 left to pay. 

If you have high utilization on your current credit, the CJ card will help bring that util. number down and give you a positive TL.  CJ doesn't begin reporting until you place an order, but if you place an order this month yet, they'll begin reporting in August (as long as you don't wait too late in the month).

Financially speaking, I could've waited to spend any more money, however, I DEFINITELY needed a positive TL to begin reporting ASAP!

NikJ4 wrote:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.