Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Economic Stimulus Scam

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

2008 Economic Stimulus Scam

Very Important! They're already getting started... 

I just received an email, supposedly from the
IRS.gov. Claiming that I needed to click on a link and fill out the necessary information to receive my 2008 Stimulus Economic Refund. Don't be fooled, it's looks legit and very real. I checked on the IRS.gov site, and they clearly advise against responding to the email, and against opening the link, as it may place a virus onto your computer. They note that they do not correspond with anyone via email, and that it's a scam. If you should receive this email, please forward to: phishing@irs.gov.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2008 Economic Stimulus Scam

Thanks for the heads up!!
Message 2 of 3
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: 2008 Economic Stimulus Scam

fused wrote:

Very Important! They're already getting started... 

I just received an email, supposedly from the
IRS.gov. Claiming that I needed to click on a link and fill out the necessary information to receive my 2008 Stimulus Economic Refund. Don't be fooled, it's looks legit and very real. I checked on the IRS.gov site, and they clearly advise against responding to the email, and against opening the link, as it may place a virus onto your computer. They note that they do not correspond with anyone via email, and that it's a scam. If you should receive this email, please forward to: phishing@irs.gov.

Thanks, fused.

Admins - maybe create a Scams and Schemes board just for (and to make more noticeable) stuff like this...?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.