Established Member
Shayevans

5-7/30 day/ flat denial

[ Edited ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference or a trend of some sort, when you online app for a CC and get the  5-7, 30 day, or flat denial. What  usually is the outcome? Like one means high chances of approval the other means very low chances etc... Sorry if there's already a thread on this , I didn't find one. Thanks in advance

i mean I realize the denial is a denial but is there a different outcome usually when you get the 5-7 day vs  a 7-10 or a 30 day. I mean if it doesn't flat deny you than that means there is some sort of a chance right? 

Current ex 645
Eq 646
Tu. 657
My Fico scores
Contributor
Galaim

Re: 5-7/30 day/ flat denial

Shayevans wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference or a trend of some sort, when you online app for a CC and get the  5-7, 30 day, or flat denial. What  usually is the outcome? Like one means high chances of approval the other means very low chances etc... Sorry if there's already a thread on this , I didn't find one. Thanks in advance

i mean I realize the denial is a denial but is there a different outcome usually when you get the 5-7 day vs  a 7-10 or a 30 day. I mean if it doesn't flat deny you than that means there is some sort of a chance right? 

My own recent experience has been one auto-approval (Barclaycard, pulled TU) and then 2 5-7s and 2 7-10s (CapitalOne, Wells Fargo Rewards, Torrid/Comenity and Chase. I don't recall which card was which message.) All were approved in the end, but those that went to either the 5-7 or the 7-10s were all pulling EX or EQ, where I have fraud alerts. They all just wanted to talk to me prior to approving, as they should. However, one lesson I did learn was that they won't just leave a darned message. If you see a 1-800 number come up on caller ID, pick up the phone, as they'll just decline without leaving a message if they don't get ahold of you.

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Established Member
Shayevans

Galaim wrote:

Shayevans wrote:

My own recent experience has been one auto-approval (Barclaycard, pulled TU) and then 2 5-7s and 2 7-10s (CapitalOne, Wells Fargo Rewards, Torrid/Comenity and Chase. I don't recall which card was which message.) All were approved in the end, but those that went to either the 5-7 or the 7-10s were all pulling EX or EQ, where I have fraud alerts. They all just wanted to talk to me prior to approving, as they should. However, one lesson I did learn was that they won't just leave a darned message. If you see a 1-800 number come up on caller ID, pick up the phone, as they'll just decline without leaving a message if they don't get ahold of you.

so far my experience has been, barclaycard 7-10, came back approved, care credit instant and true value instant but everything else I have gotten 5-7, 7-10  etc... Was all denied however I was just wondering, what makes you get flat denials, if it's not an immediate denial then there's something pleasing to their eye??  I originally posted this because I was waiting on a decision from discover it but just in I was denied after calling them to check status.  soooo. :smileyhappy: I'm just going to garden a while as I should have been doing anyway, but I was trying to get another card that wasn't a store card besides my barclaycard.  Thanks galaim 

Current ex 645
Eq 646
Tu. 657
My Fico scores
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

I either get instant approvals, or instant denials.

The one instant denail from a lender I can no longer recall instantly denied recon.

My 5-7's come back with approvals, but with much lower limits than my instant approvals.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Established Member
Shayevans

Repo-ed wrote:

I either get instant approvals, or instant denials.

The one instant denail from a lender I can no longer recall instantly denied recon.

My 5-7's come back with approvals, but with much lower limits than my instant approvals.

Thank you. I thought I had a shot  at discover it, I got 5-7 but when I called they denied me, offered me a card with a cosigner. But the only baddies I have on my report are from two accounts that  were joint so I'm never doing that again even if this is in a different direction(me being the payee). I also have 4 collections all medical, less than 250. I have several cards now but their store cards  and barclay rewards. Oh and all 3 months old and less. My reason for denial was collections. 

Current ex 645
Eq 646
Tu. 657
My Fico scores

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}