A letter to Wells Fargo's Social Team-

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

A letter to Wells Fargo's Social Team-

No response as of yet.  

begin copy----------------------------------------

Hi Guys! I'd just like to thank you; 

You have finally given me the motivation I need to migrate all of my bill pay, transfers, savings, and checking over to USAA. 

Your very pleasant customer service rep explained to me today why I keep getting an 8 dollar service fee. Turns out my Custom Management Checking is not free, despite being tied to a WF mortgage. After three months of waiving the "accidental" fee, this is the first rep to tell me that I have to have an automatic payment of the mortgage. Not going to happen. What if I was late depositing my check? 

After reviewing all the weird things I have to do in order to not get a fee, I have concluded that it is less work to just move all of my accounts over to my other bank. So I now get mobile deposit, free checking, free bill pay, free savings (without a bunch of weird auto transfers) and free use at any ATM.

The truth is, I've been putting this off for a long time. I have been happy with Wells Fargo. You've always been fair, and accommodating. Your staff is helpful and pleasant. I do like your products and services, but I am just not willing to go through all the hassle to avoid 8 bucks. And I'm not willing to pay for checking when I can get it free somewhere else. 

I've closed half of my 6 accounts, and will close the remaining as soon as all items have cleared. 

I'm not asking for a response or anything, I just want you to know you are driving away customers. 

Best of luck with the new business model! Thanks for all the good times.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: A letter to Wells Fargo's Social Team-

Love it. I think you will hear back. They will try to offer you something....especially because you didn't ask for anything.

Nice to see you!
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

USAA also lets customers deposit from their cell phones! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

smartphones only, correct ? Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

@MojaveMoon wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

As opposed to what, dumbphones? Lol...

But seriously, you can also use a scanner attached to a PC.  There are two apps, deposit@mobile and deposit@home.  I've used Deposit@home and it worked great.  They do require that you already have credit with them; either a card or a car loan.

You can also deposit at virtual branches in UPS stores.

Message 5 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

I'll let y'all know how it works using USAA.  Wifey is still a little nervous about a 100% virtual bank.  I may have to let her use the credit union.

Message 6 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:
Love it. I think you will hear back. They will try to offer you something....especially because you didn't ask for anything.

Nice to see you!

you too...  

That's what I would have thought, but no response.  Hmm.

Message 7 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@MojaveMoon wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

As opposed to what, dumbphones? Lol...

But seriously, you can also use a scanner attached to a PC.  There are two apps, deposit@mobile and deposit@home.  I've used Deposit@home and it worked great.  They do require that you already have credit with them; either a card or a car loan.

You can also deposit at virtual branches in UPS stores.

Smiley Very Happy   hahahahahahahaha  HILARIOUS!!!!! gotta love it

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 18
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Nice to see you!

you too...  

That's what I would have thought, but no response.  Hmm.

No response from the social team... but being a little OCD and persistent has its benefits.  Two more phone calls later a supervisor approved reimbursing the fee.  

Oddly enough, they claim to not have a free account for me.  My employer does not to Direct Deposit, and I don't like leaving large amounts in an account tied to a debit card, so I won't qualify for the fee exemption based on minimum balance.  The only other way is to make my mortgage an automatic draft.  Yeah, no possible way that could go south.

I'm just amazed...  After almost 15 years as a good customer I no longer fit their business model.  Just when they were rolling our mobile deposits, too.  

I guess I'm just not the target customer for them anymore.  

Oh, well.

Message 9 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I do my mortgage auto-draft through WF and it's been a year and no problems. In fact, I'm quite impressed with the mortgage department over there at WF, even though I would never open an account willingly with them. I'm a credit union gal.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.