cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A web site that estimates scores given credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A web site that estimates scores given credit reports?

You can get credit reports for free once a year, and there are only 3 of them. Credit score are computed by applying different algorithms to those credit reports. There are hundreds of such algorithms. It shouldn't be too hard to reverse-engineer the algorithms (even approximately), and let people estimate their scores for free or for a small fee. Does anyone know of any such site? If not, could be a viable business idea ...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A web site that estimates scores given credit reports?

You're kind of on one right now.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myfico. What you're talking about is feasable, but I would look elsewhere for a business idea. Mainly, because it would take years to build an appropriate reputation. Knowing an algoriithm doesn't mean much, without one. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

im not sure what your saying, the freebie credit reports or the freebie scores?

creditkarma.com

creditsesame.com

wisepiggy.com

credit.com

quizzle.com

A few of those give you updated reports either every week or month (or in quizzles case forever) and all give you scores.  Some are vantage some are other scoring models I dont remember them off the top of my head.

creditkarma.com is now giving 2 reports transunion and i think its equifax?

Or do you mean a person doing a reverse and creating a new site to do it?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.