Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Mini-Facelift

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG Mini-Facelift

I just replaced my PRG and Green card because of the new silver printing color.  I am such a sucker for aesthetics.  They also refreshed the 'American Express' shading on the PRG.  There is now a deeper shadowing to the 'American Express' on the front of the card in addition to the silver ink on the imprints.  The card is also much ligher in color.  It looks a lot better in my opinion.  The changes are subtle, but the card looks much brighter and bolder.  The Green card also has the new silver imprinting ink.   

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Mini-Facelift

@Anonymous wrote:

I just replaced my PRG and Green card because of the new silver printing color.  I am such a sucker for aesthetics.  They also refreshed the 'Amercian Express' shading on the PRG.  There is now a deeper shadowing to the 'American Express' on the front of the card in addition to the silver ink on the imprints.  The card is also much ligher in color.  It looks a lot better in my opinion.  The changes are subtle, but the card looks much brighter and bolder.  The Green card also has the new silver imprinting ink.   

Link please. I want to see it

Message 2 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just replaced my PRG and Green card because of the new silver printing color.  I am such a sucker for aesthetics.  They also refreshed the 'Amercian Express' shading on the PRG.  There is now a deeper shadowing to the 'American Express' on the front of the card in addition to the silver ink on the imprints.  The card is also much ligher in color.  It looks a lot better in my opinion.  The changes are subtle, but the card looks much brighter and bolder.  The Green card also has the new silver imprinting ink.   

Link please. I want to see it

+1 does not help readers. put a image so we can see what you are talking about. otherwise. it does not existSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's mine that I got about a week ago.

It looks brighter in real life, with a nice mettalic finish.

Message 4 of 16
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

I am not fond of the silver lettering. I think that the black lettering was nicer. Unfortunately we have no choice in what card is sent. Better make my card last a long time.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!  That is the new refresh of the PRG.  Also, the EMV chip on the PRG like this one has a more silver-ish sheen to it.  I'm not exactly sure why, but it looks NICE!!!  The shadowing is much deeper like I mentioned earlier as well on the 'American Express'.  

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!!!  That is the new refresh of the PRG.  Also, the EMV chip on the PRG like this one has a more silver-ish sheen to it.  I'm not exactly sure why, but it looks NICE!!!  The shadowing is much deeper like I mentioned earlier as well on the 'American Express'.  

The EMV chip on this is completetly different from my Delta Gold that I also just got. As you said, it's more silver-ish, but it also has a noticeable space between the elements of the chip. This allows you to see the inside of the chip. It's pretty weird.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The EMV chip on this is completetly different from my Delta Gold that I also just got. As you said, it's more silver-ish, but it also has a noticeable space between the elements of the chip. This allows you to see the inside of the chip. It's pretty weird.

Yes it does have different spacing on it.  It looks a little odd, but I definitely like it better than the one on my EveryDay and Green cards.  

Message 8 of 16
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Does it have a matte finish to it? That's what it looks like in the picture you posted. Or is that just my imagination?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Does it have a matte finish to it? That's what it looks like in the picture you posted. Or is that just my imagination?

No, it's quite shiny

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.