Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Mini-Facelift

tag
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Mini-Facelift

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Does it have a matte finish to it? That's what it looks like in the picture you posted. Or is that just my imagination?

All that really matters is if it works.

Message 11 of 16
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Berk wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Does it have a matte finish to it? That's what it looks like in the picture you posted. Or is that just my imagination?

Perhaps to you and I that is all that matters. But fortunately we live in a diverse world. Not everyone chooses a card because it works. My debit card works, but I don't like using it. Personal preference 

Message 12 of 16
Berk
Established Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Berk wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Perhaps to you and I that is all that matters. But fortunately we live in a diverse world. Not everyone chooses a card because it works. My debit card works, but I don't like using it. Personal preference 

I do agree with you. It's just that I have the imagination of a rock and the artistic skill of a whisk broom. I'm with you on the debit card. However, it wouldn't matter what it looked like - I still wouldn't use it.

Message 13 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

I thought I was the only person in the world that notices these nuances in the Amex card designs Smiley Happy I love the European and Asian versions of the charge cards because the coloring of the card  is darker and has a nice contrast to the edges. I am not sure about the darkened "American Express" lettering of the PRG card I saw on the Amex website.

I remember when Amex did a refresh on their charge cards in the early 2000's and the "American Express" lettering was small. I was so freaked I emailed EO to complain.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 16
BottomRanker
New Contributor

It's been 3 months, but does anyone know if Amex has actually given the PRG another facelift? It seems all the website images have been uploaded to show that "AMERICAN EXPRESS" is now solidly black instead of white. (This is not what the photo on the first page shows.) Anyone know if this is accurate?
Message 15 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@BottomRanker wrote:
It's been 3 months, but does anyone know if Amex has actually given the PRG another facelift? It seems all the website images have been uploaded to show that "AMERICAN EXPRESS" is now solidly black instead of white. (This is not what the photo on the first page shows.) Anyone know if this is accurate?

I think that is the new look for all gold cards.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.