cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ack! Is this normal? AT&T messing us over?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ack! Is this normal? AT&T messing us over?

@llecs wrote:
Call your number back. When you hear the automated VM, press * and enter the last four digits of your cell number. You can then gain access and setup your VM before your phone arrives.
T-mobile is good. I had them once and their bill was always straight forward. I also had Sprint, Nextel, VZW, and Cingular/AT&T. All of them would add extra itemized charges like taxes, surcharges, etc that would always inflate the bill. T-mobile never seem to do that. Unfortunately, living in a brick house at the base of two hills next door to a guy who did amateur radio and a major University within earshot reeked havoc on our service. AT&T is the only one that seems to pick up some sort of signal.

W00t!! W00t!! That worked EXCELLENTLY!! And it definitely allayed all of my fears about the whole porting thing!!! YAY!!! Thank you!!! Smiley Happy

Yeah ... AT&T does seem to add a lot of weird fees on to the bill -- perhaps they all do that??? I dunno. I just know that a whopping $250 bill for wireless each month was killing us!!

I really like the Family Allowances concept ... we'll be adding my MIL to the plan soon, and if she's not kept in check (with something like the FA), we'd be in the poor house within a week. We really just wanted her to have a cellphone for emergencies and whatnot.

Again (and as always!!), you ROCK, Ilecs!!! Smiley Happy Thank you!!!
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tons_of_Debt wrote:
I must admit... T-mobile is slated to get the first Blackberry flip phone... :-/

We got DD a Blackberry Curve as a graduation gift last year (graduating into High School -- yikes!!) ... and she LOVES it. So once all the nit-noid stuff is done, we'll have it unlocked for use with T-Mo. Well, within the next month or so ... she's let her grade slip in algebra and the BB serves as an incentive to bring'em up (no good grades, no BB).

And as further testament to AT&T, I was able to buy it for only $49 due to a contract renew promo.

Anyway, if anyone gets a fancy-schmancy BB flip this go, it will be ME!! I love gadgets ... DH? Enh. He likes those old, cheap flip phones you can buy off eBay for $20. Go figger.
Message 12 of 13
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Yeah... I'm actually using a T-Mobile phone on the AT&T network... you'll have to reconfigure the settings for some thing to function properly. When it comes time for that, feel free to let me know and I can give you the settings. :-)
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.