Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Address Change

Im curious to know how long an address change can complicate my future applications for credit? 

I guess i need to contact all credit accounts and give them my new address. 

The old address is my mothers house so i wont have an issue with recieving my mail at the old address. 

Also i have lots of issues with my name it shows up on my reports so many different ways, none of my cards are the same. 

I have a long name and my last name includes hyphens. 

So Im under the impression that that the name issues with the added address change may make my future applications harder to verify identity. 

Am i right or wrong about this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Address Change

I'd  If you have any cards now, just do a change of address with them and it will update on your credit reports accordingly.  Once that is done, you should be fine when you apply for credit.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

please i have a list of addresses on my report. does it matter if i use the older ones when applying for credit

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

please i have a list of addresses on my report. does it matter if i use the older ones when applying for credit

Welcome to the board.  Yes, it does matter.  You use your current address when applying for credit.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good question. I am about to close on a house I think I want to app for the Citi DC after I close and I need to decide when. I am afraid if I change my address with my current cards that they might lock my accounts for fraud protection or something. When is it safe to change the address? I definitely don't want to have my accounts locked when I will be buying lots of things for the new house. And should I use my current address with the new DC app and then change the address later?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved a week after apping for the DC. I used my current address when apping and after activation just changed my address to my new one on all of my cards. My new address hit my accounts immediately. I haven't had any problems except capital one wanting me to verify that I changed my address.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I moved a week after apping for the DC. I used my current address when apping and after activation just changed my address to my new one on all of my cards. My new address hit my accounts immediately. I haven't had any problems except capital one wanting me to verify that I changed my address.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.