Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on new Discover Card design

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on new Discover Card design

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, I found this older link from 2016 but no comments beyond the OP.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Secured-Discover-IT-Chrome-convert-for-5/td-p/4548911

Edit also this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Secured-Conversion/td-p/4506149

I have to call Discover in May to max out my secured deposit so I will just request a conversion then and see what they say.

If they give you a hard time about the change you just mention my name. It won't help but you can mention it anyway. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!  I may try that...

What's really frustrating is I just literally spent $6000 this weekend on a home improvement store (paid using debit).  This month's 5% cash back promo is on...home improvement stores.

Wouldn't matter, though, because they cap the secured line at $2500.  Still that's a huge amount of free cash to leave on the table.

Message 22 of 25
capnsloya
Contributor

Wishing you luck ABC! I'm not sure if they will still match the cash back earned for a total of 10% (though that would be incredible). I didn't think to ask when I made he change :/
Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a huge concern since I am not OCD about tracking the bonus cash back and I've read some horror stories about it being difficult to guarantee you get the match anyway.  I'm not going to plow through additional tracking spreadsheets unless it was a huge bonus that's easy to monitor.  These small charges add up over time but my time is worth more than a few bucks.  Just thankful they even provided a secured rewards program when so many others don't.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

e secured dRe: Advice on new Discover Card design

I have secured discover card. Can I request design change ?

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.