cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Russian Roulette?? WTH!!

tag
Sexyblue
Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Russian Roulette?? WTH!!

I totally agree with removing stored payment methods. My brother found this the hard way at AT&T, when my niece went over her monthly usage allotted for her iPhone.

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 11 of 16
cjesser15
Contributor

Agree with the poster saying you should be able to get a refund. I was on my family's Prime for free and accidentally activated my own Prime via my PS4. I cancelled before using any of the benefits and got a full refund.
Message 12 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your guidance and direction. I will "wipe the slate" clean of all payment methods. 

I have not used anything Amazon related, so I will be requesting a refund. 

Thanks again! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 13 of 16
rlx01
Established Contributor

Just ask for a refund. They have excellent customer service.

While this may have been an unexpected charge, there's probably an equal number of people who wrote to them angrily when they're charged for shipping if their Prime expired.

Message 14 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

It's extremely simple to have them NOT continue your trial. All you had to do was click one thing, before the trial was over. Not Amazon's fault, really. They will give you a refund, provided you haven't ordered anything after they've charged you the fee.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

"For my convenience?"

I think this is for THERE convenience. 

How do I delete all payment methods from there data bank? They have no business "storing" my payment methods! 

Unbelievable! 

Amazon is CLEARLY in the right here. Amazon isn't randomly choosing cards to charge. You put multiple cards on file and failed to understand their policies. Actually, this is normal practice. If I dont want them using a card I simply remove it from my account. They don't make this difficult to do. Been a happy Prime member for years.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.