Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime one year for $67

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amazon Prime one year for $67

For today only until midnight PST amazon prime is selling memberships for $67 a year down from the normal $99. I am trying decide if I should jump on this. I had amazon prime through amex a year ago but did not renew. At the time I already had netflix. I cancelled netflix. last year as well. Right now I am not happy with cable and I am considering just switching to internet and getting HBO go. Is amazon prime worth it? I do not order physical items from amazon very often except for things like ebooks but those are delivered online. I have an ipad with kindle app but last time I was unable to use the kindle lending library because they wanted an actual kindle device. Is this still required to use it? It also looks like amazon has begun to get some decent original programming as well. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime one year for $67

If I didn't still have two years left from the AmEx promo's, I would.

Message 2 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I didn't still have two years left from the AmEx promo's, I would.

I'd look into it some. My understanding is you can setup so you get the promo rate when you renew. Doubel check that but I remember seeing posts of that nature, although those are people renewing for next year. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 7
jm1991
Regular Contributor

Thats a steal. I use amazon for alot, specially digital rentals as well as other products. I do also like the early access to Myhabit.com which is where i buy many of my clothes and other stuff they sell. 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a really good price and it sucks it is only for new customers...  Jump on it as it is the lowest i have seen it at.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are a student, they have a good deal. 6 months free, then $49 a year for four years. Only bad part is you dont get the video, music, and such during the six months, but you do when you start paying the fee.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely worth it. If your getting rid of cable, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Instant (with Prime) is all you need. That's all I have and I have more to watch now than ever! And a much smaller bill Smiley Happy Grab it while you can!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.